DPF problem 2009 vrs

Hi, I can anyone help me.? My octavia vrs which I bought 18 months ago has now for the second time got dpf problems.when I bought the car it had 34000 miles on with full service history from skoda, I had the car 2 weeks when I was on holiday in france the dpf light came on and instantly the car went into limp mode....to cut a long story short I had the car recovered back and had to have a new dpf fitted... £2500 worse off and told this would never happen again. Now I've done another 30000 miles just yesterday my light came on again and I took it to the dealer, they told me how to regenerate the dpf and I actually done 150 miles in the car on the motorway trying to regenerate. Now the car has gone into limp mode again and been taken back to the garage. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a genuine problem with my car...oh yeah I don't drive like a granny and I do a lot of motorway miles when going to and from work..

30,000 miles in less than 18 months.  I would have thought that included enough decent length journeys for the DPF to regenerate successfully.  Was the fault definitely the DPF and not one of the multitude of sensors?

Well last time I think they replaced the egr valve and then the dpf was what the computer said at skoda..I got the read out and it said if I was to carry on driving there was a high risk of it catching fire..that was in france...but now waiting to see what they come up with..

I've not had any sensors replaced since yesterday but just spoke to my mate an he said they replaced the exhaust pressure sensor last time...but gave him the part numbers just in case...we'll just see what tomorrow brings...If they can't sort it, it looks like remap time and dpf removal...

Was the replacement DPF replaced under warranty?

There is clearly an underlying issue here that is killing the DPF.

30,000 miles in 18 months will almost be guaranteeing that the DPF has ample opportunity to take care of the regen process itself.

Even though I'm guessing you are now outside of Skoda's used car 12 month warranty I'd still argue that Skoda UK or the dealer has an obligation to help here.

Replacing the DPF the first time around was clearly fixing the symptoms, not the cause.

I'd recommend against a DPF removal, unless you at least have done your research regarding MOT's and insurance etc. Lot's of threads on here.

Yes the dealer that I bought the car from paid for everything last time round and the dpf is under a 2 year warranty with unlimited milage. But as they said at skoda if it's not the dpf then it's not down to a simple warranty claim and I would be liable for costs etc...so if the dpf won't or can't regenerate then I think I would go for the cheaper option of dpf removal and a remap and then have no more problems with that dreaded dpf light coming on again.

Don't get me wrong but I hope they do sort it out tomorrow when they get it on the machine to find out what's wrong with it..

Hmm,

If it isn't the fault of the DPF then the fault that is causing the failure of the DPF was present when the original DPF was replaced.

This suggests an incorrect diagnosis by the dealer the first time round. Their fault.

If it is found to be the DPF at fault then you are covered under warranty. Again their fault through a defective DPF or components affecting the correct operation of the DPF.

Either way I'd be digging my heels in. I wouldn't be paying for anything other than the initial diagnostics.

• Like 1

So now you've had the internals removed and the remap have you tried to have a new mot or did they say that it would be fine for an mot. ? How much did you pay for the removal and delete.? And was it it a stage 1 or 2 remap.?

Got a call tonight from the dealer...looks like when I had the problem the first time around the dealer in france put a new exhaust pressure switch on but that one's been updated to a newer one, so looks like it's all under Warrenby......result..!

Just wait for it all to be confirmed now..

• Like 1

Got a call tonight from the dealer...looks like when I had the problem the first time around the dealer in france put a new exhaust pressure switch on but that one's been updated to a newer one, so looks like it's all under Warrenby......result..!

Just wait for it all to be confirmed now..

Yip sounds like they fitted the same part number. Which as you know been updated. Happy days dude.

Pretty sure this is the one you need. To late for me to look on mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331000301815

Edited by Lew0-VRS
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for all your input...The issue has now been resolved until the next time...what they did was changed the sensor that was fitted in skoda france. .put the newer updated part that was mad ein Malaysia on and regenerated...All under Warrenty lovely old job...

So now just waiting till they change gearbox oil and should be sorted...

Thanks guys for all your input...The issue has now been resolved until the next time...what they did was changed the sensor that was fitted in skoda france. .put the newer updated part that was mad ein Malaysia on and regenerated...All under Warrenty lovely old job...

So now just waiting till they change gearbox oil and should be sorted...

Job done exactly the same they did with mine

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update...when I picked the car up I was told that the problem I had originally took it in for which was a whooshing noise under heavy acceleration was in fact the exhaust temperature sensor that had came loose,and they think that may have been the cause to most of the problem...but it was all done under warranty. ..