Citigo clutch click - not really related to the Yeti!

MikeWales

I wonder if anyone else with a Yeti also has a Citigo?

Please have a look at my post in the Citigo forum on the Clutch Click! Driving Me Mad! topic.

Be good to hear your thoughts/experiences on this, especially if you have been given the printed handout on the cause of the clutch click from Skoda UK..

Thanks.

We have a Yeti and 2 Citigos in the family.......No clicks.

Lucky - enjoy!

Edited by MikeWales

This problem materialised a few weeks after collecting a VW UP. Garage replaced master cylinder and clutch assembly immediately.

Colin

thanks, I have registered a complaint now with Skoda UK. I'll mention this VW action when they call to discuss.

Thanks john999boy for the editorial input, but having reached the end of my tether with Skoda, I just wanted opinions from any Yeti/Citigo owners, who may not always check the Citigo forum as often as the Yeti forum.

However surely the fact that Skoda have issued a formal Do Not Repair notice to their dealers on a fault as annoying as the clutch click, may make some of us think that Skoda as a brand may not deserve our unwavering support!

Thanks

Our 1.2TSI Yeti has the clutch click, it doesn't bother my wife but drives me mad. Hope to get it sorted at the next service.

It's great that it doesn't bother your wife.  (I actually think it wouldn't trouble mine too much either).

But, in view of the statement issued by Skoda, I wonder what you base your optimism on that they will be able to get it sorted at your next service when it's now, apparently, Skoda's stated intention to do nothing about it.

As mentioned in my earlier note, they consider it to be a "characteristic".

I have been told by Hyundai UK that a variety of manufacturing or design faults that I encountered were "Characteristics".  Until you have a problem that a manufacturer refuses to take seriously you don't realise how irritating it is when they take the stance that Skoda seem to have done here.  If I wanted a car with extraneous noises emanating from its inner workings I could buy a second hand Lada.

Skoda's statement as published elsewhere on this site.............

These noises are due to the design of the power unit and are in accordance with the state-of-the-art of the production

No damage can be caused to any vehicle components due to these noises.

If you deal with this complaint, do not carry out any repairs.

Replacement of parts is without effect. Please inform the customer about the cause of the noises he is complaining about and also that the complaint is not justified.

• Like 1

It's great that it doesn't bother your wife.  (I actually think it wouldn't trouble mine too much either).

But, in view of the statement issued by Skoda, I wonder what you base your optimism on that they will be able to get it sorted at your next service when it's now, apparently, Skoda's stated intention to do nothing about it.

As mentioned in my earlier note, they consider it to be a "characteristic".

I have been told by Hyundai UK that a variety of manufacturing or design faults that I encountered were "Characteristics".  Until you have a problem that a manufacturer refuses to take seriously you don't realise how irritating it is when they take the stance that Skoda seem to have done here.  If I wanted a car with extraneous noises emanating from its inner workings I could buy a second hand Lada.

Skoda's statement as published elsewhere on this site.............

These noises are due to the design of the power unit and are in accordance with the state-of-the-art of the production

No damage can be caused to any vehicle components due to these noises.

If you deal with this complaint, do not carry out any repairs.

Replacement of parts is without effect. Please inform the customer about the cause of the noises he is complaining about and also that the complaint is not justified.

I didn't know about this stance by Skoda, I will see how we get on & let you all know how things pan out!!

@MikeWales. The title change was tongue in cheek as you can guess! We were asked to put the thread into the Citigo forum but thought the input from here would be beneficial.

I need all the help I can get!  :devil:

Drop a line to the esteemed Mr Hazelwood  himself     [email protected]

Can't do any harm.  Hardly likely to keep him awake tonight but his department might pass your email on to one of his underlings who in turn will pass it on to one of their minions to reply to you.

• Like 1

Thanks, but I think he may have departed for pastures new.

http://www.motortrader.com/automotive-news/hazelwood-appointed-director-volkswagen/

Though I'm sure the VW Up has the clutch click as well.  :D

Just had a very brief conversation with the customer services rep from Skoda UK, who just maintains the party line - 'There is no manufacturing fault and the click is a characteristic of the vehicle'.

No matter how I tried she would not deviate from this stance. 

The only thing useful that came out of the conversation is she told me that the MD of Skoda UK is Alasdair Stewart, so I can only try and ask if he can do anything about this characteristic (fault) before I put the Citigo up for sale and replace my soon to be 3 year old Yeti with some other make!

Just had a very brief conversation with the customer services rep from Skoda UK, who just maintains the party line - 'There is no manufacturing fault and the click is a characteristic of the vehicle'.

No matter how I tried she would not deviate from this stance. 

The only thing useful that came out of the conversation is she told me that the MD of Skoda UK is Alasdair Stewart, so I can only try and ask if he can do anything about this characteristic (fault) before I put the Citigo up for sale and replace my soon to be 3 year old Yeti with some other make!

Grrrrrrrrrr  !!!!   :devil:

This one issue, on it's own, is enough to stop me buying one.

I am very much looking to find something to replace our i10 and the press are falling over themselves to praise it above all others.

But clearly there's a possibility that clutch click would be evident and, even more clearly, they wouldn't do anything about it.

I wouldn't want/tolerate/accept a clutch pedal that clicks every time I used it and can't believe that, after 100 years of car manufacture, they can't fix such a FAULT...NOT A CHARACTERISTIC!

Mike....keep on at management until you've exhausted every option.

Edited by oldstan
  • Like 1

Many thanks for the comments. My email went to Alasdair Stewart this morning, so we shall see. 

I said in my email to him, yes, I love my Yeti and the Citigo is excellent (apart from you know what  :x)

I am not trying to put anyone off buying a Citigo, but our click does get louder the more the clutch is used in a single journey. But then is non-existent or unnoticeable at the start of the next journey.

So glad we don't live anywhere near a city, or I would have to get out and walk.

But they are great cars and some have the click and others don't, so as you rightly said - it is a fault - not a characteristic:thumbdown:

This attitude reminds me of alleged comments by someone from Murco***t when asked about problems with Wierdnows stated " Not problems Sir, undocumented features"! :devil:

Fred 

• Like 2

I have been told that I can't post this as a separate thread in both the Yeti & Citigo forums. So if it is OK, this is a post in the Yeti forum following on from my concerns about the Citigo and seeking my fellow Yeti owners views.

Unfortunately it has now developed into my view of Skoda UK & their customer services as a whole.

I phoned customer services about the clutch click and had no joy at all, who just repeated dalek-like, 'this is a characteristic and not a fault', I did email the new managing director of Skoda UK, Alasdair Stewart with firstly my very positive opinions of Skoda cars, in particular my Yeti, and up until now our Citigo.

The next day, 'one of a small team that works directly with Alasdair Stewart' rang me. Unfortunately he again repeated the same mantra, 'it is a characteristic.....

He suggested that cost may also be a factor in a fault a car may have. I said so you re saying that I should have bought a more expensive car!

I asked if anyone at Skoda UK reads the Briskoda website, He said that they were not interested in reading owner's websites/forums and they deal with cars that are presented to dealers with faults and not owners views.

Nice to know that the views of car owners are important to manufacturers!

So ladies and gentlemen, there you have it, the view of our vehicles distributors - time for a change, I think!  

I have been told that I can't post this as a separate thread in both the Yeti & Citigo forums. So if it is OK, this is a post in the Yeti forum following on from my concerns about the Citigo and seeking my fellow Yeti owners views.

Unfortunately it has now developed into my view of Skoda UK & their customer services as a whole.

I phoned customer services about the clutch click and had no joy at all, who just repeated dalek-like, 'this is a characteristic and not a fault', I did email the new managing director of Skoda UK, Alasdair Stewart with firstly my very positive opinions of Skoda cars, in particular my Yeti, and up until now our Citigo.

The next day, 'one of a small team that works directly with Alasdair Stewart' rang me. Unfortunately he again repeated the same mantra, 'it is a characteristic.....

He suggested that cost may also be a factor in a fault a car may have. I said so you re saying that I should have bought a more expensive car!

I asked if anyone at Skoda UK reads the Briskoda website, He said that they were not interested in reading owner's websites/forums and they deal with cars that are presented to dealers with faults and not owners views.

Nice to know that the views of car owners are important to manufacturers!

So ladies and gentlemen, there you have it, the view of our vehicles distributors - time for a change, I think!  

Shocking but not surprising :devil:

• Like 1