Hi,

The clip on the cover of the rear of headlamp has snapped off and therefore not watertight any more. I've looked on a previous link that was posted but cannot find the part number or the part.

Does anybody know of the part number? It's the cover behind the headlight which also holds some electronics for the xenons on a 2011 VRS.

Didn't realise it had snapped, washed the car and now my bend lights don't function due to the electronics getting wet. Had happened before but they eventually dried out!

If anybody can help it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Phil W

I "think" i know the parts you mean as I managed to break some clips on the rear of mine when I was bulb changing.

Depending on right/lets (and no, I don't know which is which) I think the part numbers are:

1Z0 941 608 C

1Z0 941 607 D

I've not gotten around to replacing mine as I rememebr the ballast being attached to the back of them? So a fair amount of work required, but I'll look into it - I've got the two parts listed above in front of me.

I had this, so sounds like now a common fault! I had to buy a new module as mine also got wet and my adaptive lights stopped work! I also got a bulb warning error!

I've since made a new bracket. Also secondary protected brackets on each headlight with a cable tie... I don't trust them to not snap again!

Mike

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I believe it is the ballast, but by the looks of it is just held in with pegs and should be able to 'dismount' with some pliers...

They do look as though one wrong heavy application of pressure and snap, gone again!

Any idea how much they were when you purchased? So I can compare as to whether import or pay the price here! Most probably be a little pricier here, as with everything else!

Mine did stop working but after a time in the sun dried out and resumed normal service, the first time! See how long this time wil be, now coming into autumn...

Edited by Llanguale

I found the ballast unit on eBay around £80. I never replaced the bracket, just reworked it with some plastic at work.

In the end though, I found a skoda superb headlight on eBay.. It had broken fixing clips and no bulbs.. But it did have the control module, and the ballast attached! Both of which are the same parts. I had to spend £40 at electricians having it coded to my light, and I bought the superb light for £45... I now have a spare ballast as well :)

Hunt around mate, the part is common across many Skodas and vw's

• Like 1

I purchased them a while back - kept on meaning to sort them out.

When I came to putting the original ones back on my car I used some "no more nails" sticky pads and put those into the recesses where I'd broken a clip. It's all still together, but I'm sure not as well sealed as it should be.

I'm sure I paid less than £20 for each one, in the region of £15 I'm sure - they are just the plastic clips and it was the removal of the ballast from the old ones that stopped me doing it straight away.

I'll be attempting it this weekend (you mentioning this has stired me into actually getting this done). I'll let you know and take some pics if I can - from what I rememebr, I think the ballast was screwed onto the back, so hopefully just some strange screwdriver required rather than the much more scary pliers to remove them.