Warning lights after battery disconect

Laurie61

Hi all, you my have seen my earlier thread about solar battery charging. Well I decided to go with a mains trickle charger and picked one up today, decided to use the permanently wired connections to the battery posts. Although trying not to disconnect the battery, in the end, I did need to remove the neg terminal. After putting everything back and starting the engine I have two warning light, Stability control and a steering wheel caution light. Do these just need re setting and/or will it affect the running of the car ???    

Just driving should clear those. Also some lock/lock turns of the steering wheel for good measure. Make sure you drive for a distance, about 10 minutes, varying speeds.

If that fails, you can try the following;

Basic Setting Sensor for Steering Angle (G85)

Prerequisites:

• Start the vehicle.
  • Turn the steering wheel one turn to the right and one turn to the left.
  • Drive in a short distance straight line on a level surface at a speed not higher than 20 km/h.
  • If the steering wheel is straight during the test drive then stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight.
  • Ensure that the steering wheel is not moved again.
  • Keep the engine running and do not switch off the ignition.
  • System voltage at least 12.0 V.
Edited by Too Tall

Think it's better to just go for a little drive, don't bother going through the procedure. It should be sufficient to drive the car a bit. If the lights don't go off after 15 minutes of driving, come back and we'll try something else. At worst you're going to have to find a local VCDS owner to check the steering angle setting. Don't go to the dealer because they will tell you it takes 1.5 hrs of diagnostics and you will have to pay big monies etc...

Drive.

Think it's better to just go for a little drive, don't bother going through the procedure. It should be sufficient to drive the car a bit. If the lights don't go off after 15 minutes of driving, come back and we'll try something else. At worst you're going to have to find a local VCDS owner to check the steering angle setting. Don't go to the dealer because they will tell you it takes 1.5 hrs of diagnostics and you will have to pay big monies etc...

Drive.

OK, Thanks  :sun: