ESP & Low Tyre light!

Naths vRS

These 2 lights keep popping up on my dash at the same time guaranteed on every drive I do. But when I turn the car off (to put it the code reader on) they don't show up, unlike an EML would, I am going to take a stab in the dark and say it's a faulty sensor but want to know 100% before actually going ahead with some work, I haven't got VAGCOM and closest person is in Stoke THATS of he still has it, any ideas? Car is a 2010 VRS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy fix? As I've found a place in Brum to get cheaper than Skoda parts at Skoda garage and genuine, and yeah that's perfect when are you free trundle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the sensor then it's easy, but it could be the ring in the hub, if it's the ring then I think you need to change the hub.

I've got the day off today and I'm free every evening this week.  Drop me a PM.

What wheels & tyres are on the car now.

Have they been changed again recently?

and have you reset the TPMS by Pressing the Switch and holding it,  after Checking and setting tyre pressures.?

What wheels & tyres are on the car now.

Have they been changed again recently?

and have you reset the TPMS by Pressing the Switch and holding it,  after Checking and setting tyre pressures.?

Hi, wheels have been changed from Gigaros, but as im so anal with stuff like this, then it's a like for like, so same size/width offset etc. Had these wheels on for about a year now and its only just coming up.

Right, met up with @Trundlenut with his trusty VCDS, and came back as Steering Wheel Alignment Sensor. :OSo is there any basic settings to reset this (G85 steering angle sensor) does anyone know?

Thanks

If the abs sensor is playin up iirc this needs to be fixed before the steering fault can be reset. I had this problem on my previous Leon. The hub ring failed causing tpms, abs and tcs light to come on. I tried disconnecting the battery which then lead to the steering light to come on and it wouldn't reset until the hub ring was sorted.

If the abs sensor is playin up iirc this needs to be fixed before the steering fault can be reset.

The error is for steering angle sensor, mounted behind the steering wheel, not one of the abs sensors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sorry, didn't realise the other faults had been resolved.

No worries. I just guessed that it could be an abs sensor, but turns out it wasn't.

What I need to know is how you perform the basic settings procedure on the steering angle sensor. Ross Tech have it for the Teves mk60 and mk70 systems on their website but Nath's car has a Bosch system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Right, I've had a response from Ross Tech with details of how to perform the basic settings.   The process is the same as link mrburdon123 posted but you go into group 060 rather than 001.

Nathan, do you want to meet up again and give it a go?

• Like 1

Right, I've had a response from Ross Tech with details of how to perform the basic settings.   The process is the same as link mrburdon123 posted but you go into group 060 rather than 001.

Nathan, do you want to meet up again and give it a go?

Sorry trundlenut only just received your message, yes that would be great, I'm free Friday evening if that's any good to you?

Met upw ith trundle nut on Friday evening, read his email and followed very simple instructions, of what I can gather after we did it, it didn't properly register on the VCDS, however touch wood the lights haven't come on recently. 

So I say that's a FIX. :D