Fitting eBay Fabia bonnet struts......basic how to

Brimma

I have had a play with these on Brimma's car, and I have to say these have a really nice balance to them - my old Volvo C30 had really strong gas struts (factory fitted) and I was always worried that I was going to bend the aluminium bonnet trying to close it, these feel just right.

• Like 1

Link *where from*

and (if you can) upload a video of the Bonnet opening/closing and the struts supporting the Bonnet! :)

A video is probably very unlikely........they're bonnet struts

You need to pull the bonnet up a certain distance before the struts take effect, which is good, otherwise the bonnet wouldn't drop easily

When the bonnet is fully open it is actually higher than the standard bonnet strut, so more headroom to boot :)

Great brimma ordered a set

I don't blame you, cheap as chips :)

Fantastic. Cheers!

I see theyre from Taiwan. Does the quality seem good?

Quality seems fine, and much easier to fit than the single Milotec strut I got for the Octavia

I have had a play with these on Brima's car, and I have to say these have a really nice balance to them - my old Volvo C30 had really strong gas struts (factory fitted) and I was always worried that I was going to bend the aluminium bonnet trying to close it, these feel just right.

Thanks for that, Jake, I'm glad you had a look to check them out, I forgot to leave the bonnet up at the national meet to let people have a look at them

• Like 2

Also offering free postage, if you mention Briskoda.

Can this be pinned please Admin/Mods?

I wasn't aware of that when I ordered mine, but even for £43 they're an absolute steal

I wasn't aware of that when I ordered mine, but even for £43 they're an absolute steal

Yeah I spotted it in another thread, or possibly earrlier in this thread, messaged the guy on ebay, and said please could I have paypal address for payment of bonnet hinges with FREE delivery :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...