Oops! Lots of warning lights...

Martin.S

Got a flashing GlowPlug and constant engine error light, so in to the dealer it went. 

Looks like it is some solenoid thingy-ma-jig doodah connected to the turbo has failed..... But don't panic...... there is a repair kit for it (I assume that means it is a fairly common fault) so they just have to give a quick call to Skoda Used Warranty people to get the OK to fix it - I would want to know why not if it is not covered!

They hope they can get the kit for tomorrow

Will keep you posted and try to find out what a "solenoid thingy-ma-jig doodah" actually is. I think it connects the fly-bracket splurge wheel to the elliptic semi-flange and the go faster pedal.

Got a flashing GlowPlug and constant engine error light, so in to the dealer it went. 

Looks like it is some solenoid thingy-ma-jig doodah connected to the turbo has failed..... But don't panic...... there is a repair kit for it (I assume that means it is a fairly common fault) so they just have to give a quick call to Skoda Used Warranty people to get the OK to fix it - I would want to know why not if it is not covered!

They hope they can get the kit for tomorrow

Will keep you posted and try to find out what a "solenoid thingy-ma-jig doodah" actually is. I think it connects the fly-bracket splurge wheel to the elliptic semi-flange and the go faster pedal.

Yeah, it'll be all of the above I suspect! LOL!

Had a late call from the dealer - Skoda Warranty will pay and parts/kit arrives tomorrow. Downside is the work needed to get to it - they may not get it finished tomorrow. That's a labour bill I am glad not to be paying!

Got it back today - all seems OK now. They replaced some solenoid thing that is attached to the turbo. Not sure what it is called but it is fixed now - or seems to be. Will give it a push over the next few days to test it out.

Got it back today - all seems OK now. They replaced some solenoid thing that is attached to the turbo. Not sure what it is called but it is fixed now - or seems to be. Will give it a push over the next few days to test it out.

Sounds like the actuator(?) - wouldn't be the first Superb to have that replaced if it was.  Glad you got it sorted.  I presume they will cover it if it fails again?

Superb170

The unit was described as a turbo vacuum unit and resulted in turbo under boost. It was covered by the used car warranty. I think it will be covered for 2 years if it fails again. It would have cost me about £300 for the job if I had paid myself.

Cheers

Martin

Superb170

The unit was described as a turbo vacuum unit and resulted in turbo under boost. It was covered by the used car warranty. I think it will be covered for 2 years if it fails again. It would have cost me about £300 for the job if I had paid myself.

Cheers

Martin

Nice one...

Do you have the "Approved SUK" (CarPlan?) warranty Martin?

Yes - when the initial year that came with the car was due to expire I was offered an additional year. Dual Mass flywheel and now this made it a good buy. Sadly I won't get a renewal in December as the mileage will be about 80k so may need to look at alternatives.

Yes - when the initial year that came with the car was due to expire I was offered an additional year. Dual Mass flywheel and now this made it a good buy. Sadly I won't get a renewal in December as the mileage will be about 80k so may need to look at alternatives.

Thanks for the confirmation....