Electric seats problem

jimmyf

I recently had the Water ingress issue and got it sorted before any major damage was caused.  Dried it as best I could and drove away. However the electrics seats stopped working so I too assumed it was down to the water problem.  Sure enough the garage man identified the seat control unit as having being afffected cause it lies under the seat on passenger side.  Only drivers seat is affected.

He can get the seat to work ok after a reset by pluging out the power to the seat but after you stop the car and start it you have to remove, replace the plug again. It seems the seat goes into safe mode and stays like that.

He hasn't been able to get a diagram of the wiring for this control unit so I said I would try here for him.  Anyone know where I could get a diagram of this unit and the associated wiring?

Thanks ... J

I had the exact same problem before I sorted the water problems. It was resolved when I redid all the interior wiring though. I would suggest it could be the control unit under the seat part number 3b1 959 760 

Edited by Gizmo68
Please join freedom if you wish to sell on Briskoda.

I would suggest it could be the control unit under the seat part number 3b1 959 760 

Not all cars will use the same controller, its best to either physically check the controller or scan the car with VCDS to obtain the part No. fitted.