intermitent knocking

bisley

Hi can anyone help please I am getting intermittant knocking on engine in superb 1.9 tdi have replaced egr valve & airflow meter Mechanic has also checked cam for wear to no avail please please help

Hello Bisley  :hi:

Do you mean the knocking's internal to the engine, or somewhere in the engine bay?

Can you describe the sound and is it more noticeable at particular times?

Gaz

Hook up VCDS, read error codes, and check cylinder to cylinder balancing.  SOunds like one of your cylinders has a dodgy injector, or you have a breaking up injector loom.  These are best case scenarios.  COuld be much more serious, but the fact your problem is intermittent makes me think it is unlikely that you have a breaking up bearing or piston slap.

Hi can anyone help please I am getting intermittant knocking on engine in superb 1.9 tdi have replaced egr valve & airflow meter Mechanic has also checked cam for wear to no avail please please help

i had the same knocking sound on my superb that i left unattended (i have no idea why lol). the sound appeared when it was at idle it knocks a few times and just fades away...then at times when i switch on the air conditioning it comes at idle again ....but if i give a lil bit of throttle it fades away again...and again when on idle the same knock appears but mysteriously goes away ! lol 

hence i left it unattended and one day .......................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !! the car shut itself down when i was driving ! and she wouldn't start after that ... :( had to tow her to the service centre ..

end result had to spend about 1,100 pounds to get it fixed ... the piston had bended...timing belt went loose...a lot of stuff changed ! ...

o would recommend you to have a check of your car for any errors before something major happened. The skoda service guy told me it couldve been an easy fix if i had bought it earlier when that little knock knock sound appeared ! well thats one lesson learned ! damn ! ...still love my car tho! hehe