Tyre pressure monitoring

Most of the Octy 3 coding via VCDS is here:

Translate in chrome - midway down the list:

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/skoda-octavia-iii-5e.php

Edit Sorry - looks like it can be done but instructions not there!

Edited by Black_Sheep

I would have thought that there would be some sort of sensors which would only be on the car if TP was there as well.

To be honest, I hate it, and always will!.

The only time I think you need it is when you get a puncture.

I have it on my MKIII, but didn't have it on my MKII, and also had it on my P407. The problem is that it is so sensitive, and I have had it go off at me twice now for no real reason. Sometimes it happens if you have had the tyre changed (two-three days earlier!!). The first time it happened on this car I pulled over on the M25 as I was concerned. nothing wrong, and for me, that was really dangerous.

Well, I would never have thought of that...

Mine has gone off a couple of times in the early days, but seems OK now, it's got to be better than waiting for the rumble and pieces of tyre in the road behind..

• Like 2

I would have thought that there would be some sort of sensors which would only be on the car if TP was there as well.

To be honest, I hate it, and always will!.

I have it on my MKIII, but didn't have it on my MKII, and also had it on my P407. The problem is that it is so sensitive, and I have had it go off at me twice now for no real reason. Sometimes it happens if you have had the tyre changed (two-three days earlier!!). The first time it happened on this car I pulled over on the M25 as I was concerned. nothing wrong, and for me, that was really dangerous.

I think the octavias system uses the abs sensors to monitor the relative rotational speed of the wheels across the axle rather than the more expensive pressure sensors in the wheels system.

• Like 1

It does use abs. It saved me money on my wife's Golf when it lead to repair rather than tyre replacement. And it worked on my old Superb. But I have found the one on my new car to be very sensitive - especially when I have increased the tyre pressure for a heavy load.

the next time it goes off i won't rush to stop and of course that will be the time it really does mean it.

You would need to retrofit the tpms button(and connect it to your bcm) and maybe/probably replace the ABS electronics with one that is compatible with TPMS. I'm not sure that the one fitted to the standard MQB cars is the TPMS one.

You would need to retrofit the tpms button(and connect it to your bcm) and maybe/probably replace the ABS electronics with one that is compatible with TPMS. I'm not sure that the one fitted to the standard MQB cars is the TPMS one.

You can either use VCDS to get the part number or try and check the part number on the abs pump and check whether it supports TPMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You don't need a TPMS button, the vRS doesn't have one as its all handled through the infotainment. 

• Like 1

You don't need a TPMS button, the vRS doesn't have one as its all handled through the infotainment.

Didn't know it was all electronic now. Then it might just be the coding if the abs electronics support it.

Instructions aren't there because it takes more than coding .........

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

are you sure? One person from Polish forum claimed that he succeeded to code TPMS with Vag Can Pro.

Didn't know it was all electronic now. Then it might just be the coding if the abs electronics support it.

In theory, just a few coding and adaptation changes. There may be a licencing implication though, the same as trying to enable the driving mode selection.

I haven't seen a O3 without TPMS though - what model do you have?

are you sure? One person from Polish forum claimed that he succeeded to code TPMS with Vag Can Pro.

First person I have heard of enable it then - I was under the impression that they would hit the same issue as enabling the driving mode selection (Charisma).

In the Uk TPMS seems to be standard, so can't compare one with and one without ........

• Like 1

In theory, just a few coding and adaptation changes. There may be a licencing implication though, the same as trying to enable the driving mode selection.

I haven't seen a O3 without TPMS though - what model do you have?

I have a Elegance 1.4tsi DSG and tpms is only standard from my15 because it is mandated by law and mine is my14. Maybe I could do a vcds scan and we can compare with a car that has tpms? I have vcds available :-)

First person I have heard of enable it then - I was under the impression that they would hit the same issue as enabling the driving mode selection (Charisma).

In the Uk TPMS seems to be standard, so can't compare one with and one without ........

AFAIK drive mode selection is not possible to code or I just don't know the right person. Have you tried to code it? I would give a lot to have an option to change steering responsiveness; but I had no option to order it (it was too late when I changed my mind).

TPMS is not a standard in Poland (mine is MY14)

Edited by bobbest

It does use abs. It saved me money on my wife's Golf when it lead to repair rather than tyre replacement. And it worked on my old Superb. But I have found the one on my new car to be very sensitive - especially when I have increased the tyre pressure for a heavy load.

the next time it goes off i won't rush to stop and of course that will be the time it really does mean it.

If you change the tyre pressures then reset the TPMS.  Or have I misunderstood and you did reset but found TPMS to be more sensitive at higher pressures?

• Like 1

I didn't reset the TPMS the first time. When I pulled over and checked the pressures, I realised that I should have reset TPMS when I inflated everything.

However, despite resetting TPMS whenever I increase the pressures for a heavy load, it still goes off occasionally. No, I am not losing pressure.