4th turbo just blown, 208,000 miles - time to decide! Help!?!?!

bickie

Ok all - to update, have ordered:

130 recon turbo

Brand new oil feed pipe

Stock intercooler

Samco pipes

New O rings from Skoda for the pipes

And am going to get an:

EGR clean

& Engine flush (???)

& Fuel system flush (???)

What does everyone reckon on doing a gentle remap anyway to improve economy - I've had mixed opinions, some say it'll shorten the life of the car, others say it will (driven sensibly) extend it!!!

Sorry - hope I don't kick it all off now with that one!!!

I don't know if it's too late to cancel that turbo order but XMan750 supplied me with a Garrett hybrid turbo on a KKK BLT Manifold that meant I didn't have to do the EGR delete. It works beautifully without a remap.

Well if you got it mapped and it all went tits up you can always get a new engine with a fair few miles less for £300-£500 and swap all the stuff over, then you'll be good to go again with loads of new part and a lower miles engine that should last you a few more years i reckon.  

See, ASZ, 76K with injectors £350

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FABIA-VRS-SEAT-VW-1-9-TDI-ASZ-ENGINE-BREAKING-SEATS-DOORS-WHEELS-GEARBOX-ETC-/231331193226?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35dc69e18a

If i was in your position I'd end up mapping it but thats because i don't mind an engine change 'if' anything goes wrong haha, plus i don't pay for my own labour.  If you do map it make sure you pick a someone who will be kind on the map front.

I don't know if it's too late to cancel that turbo order but XMan750 supplied me with a Garrett hybrid turbo on a KKK BLT Manifold that meant I didn't have to do the EGR delete. It works beautifully without a remap.

Sadly too late, but cheers anyway, I'll be due another one in 50k or so...I'll keep their details!!

Well if you got it mapped and it all went tits up you can always get a new engine with a fair few miles less for £300-£500 and swap all the stuff over, then you'll be good to go again with loads of new part and a lower miles engine that should last you a few more years i reckon.  

See, ASZ, 76K with injectors £350

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FABIA-VRS-SEAT-VW-1-9-TDI-ASZ-ENGINE-BREAKING-SEATS-DOORS-WHEELS-GEARBOX-ETC-/231331193226?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35dc69e18a

If i was in your position I'd end up mapping it but thats because i don't mind an engine change 'if' anything goes wrong haha, plus i don't pay for my own labour.  If you do map it make sure you pick a someone who will be kind on the map front.

Cheers NathanG - an interesting option I hadn't considered!!!

You need to clean the egr valve and the inlet mani as that will be full of oily soot, in regards to servicing get some cheep oil and use it as engine flush as the ones you buy thin the oil too much

Nice one cheers!

• 1 month later...

Fellow Briskodians!

Right - after nearly 8 weeks of being off-road I finally have the fab back.

However, as always with these things, more questions emerge.

First puzzle is this, the garage didn't use the top Samco hose I'd ordered, but instead replaced with a stock VAG pipe - I've not had a chance to speak to the chap who did the work, but it appears to me that the Darkside EGR delete resulted in the ASV being twisted sideways?? Or am I (/they!) missing something??

Bit gutted to have spent £260 on a pipe I can't now appear to use!!!

Remap (and EML correction for EGR valve delete) booked for Wednesday!

Thanks to all for your input/assistance...209k on the clock - let's see how long this one (the last one!) lasts!!!

post-94347-0-87338900-1413744846_thumb.jpg

Edited by bickie

They exactly how it should be mate? They wouldn't have been able to use a silicon bend unless you had also provided a connector to allow you to plug the pipe in to the ASV.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

They exactly how it should be mate? They wouldn't have been able to use a silicon bend unless you had also provided a connector to allow you to plug the pipe in to the ASV.

Cheers ash, thought that might be the case... Disappointing that neither supplier mentioned it when I ordered despite me checking specifically with them both before hand!!!

any ideas where I can pick up suitable connector/adapter? Sends a shame to waste a decent pipe!!!

Info all in this thread mate, this is where I made my entire top pipe up from. Think I have just told you the wrong connector sorry.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/274533-Top-boost-pipe-replacement-DIY-:)

Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Cheers for this (again!) Ash - will source a coupler and get it done!

Remap completed today, they got rid of the EGR eml, but it's showing a (G62) coolant sensor open-circuit fault - so the eml's STILL on!!! (typical!) - any ideas if this is linked with the EGR delete, or is it something I just need to replace?

Will post updates on how a remapped 209k furby runs in due course!

(G62) coolant sensor open-circuit fault - so the eml's STILL on!!! (typical!) - any ideas if this is linked with the EGR delete, or is it something I just need to replace?

Did it get plugged back in or was the wiring damaged?

Did it get plugged back in or was the wiring damaged?

Good shout, going to pick it up at about 5pm...the garage that did all the work were a bit lacking shall we say...i.e. the air intake hose wasn't re-attached (even I know that one!).

I'll check because I really wouldn't be surprised! Oddly they said that they had replaced one of the sensors as well...

Take it that it wouldn't be a normal fault code for an EGR delete then (the mappers have sorted that)? I used the Darkside BLT EGR/coolant delete kit...?

Cheers.

Good shout, going to pick it up at about 5pm...the garage that did all the work were a bit lacking shall we say...i.e. the air intake hose wasn't re-attached (even I know that one!).

I'll check because I really wouldn't be surprised! Oddly they said that they had replaced one of the sensors as well...

Take it that it wouldn't be a normal fault code for an EGR delete then (the mappers have sorted that)? I used the Darkside BLT EGR/coolant delete kit...?

Cheers.

Any ideas whereabouts it's located (I have got a Haynes manual at home - soz, just being lazy!).

Cheers for this (again!) Ash - will source a coupler and get it done!

Remap completed today, they got rid of the EGR eml, but it's showing a (G62) coolant sensor open-circuit fault - so the eml's STILL on!!! (typical!) - any ideas if this is linked with the EGR delete, or is it something I just need to replace?

Will post updates on how a remapped 209k furby runs in due course!

Garage had left the plug off the coolant sensor...typical.

Have read your thread, but can't make out what I need to attach my Samco hose to the setup...Darkside said it was fitted correclty, but my ASV is clearly 90 degree different to your pic - or am I missing something?

Really appreciate your help cheers! Just noticed the top boost pipe join has blown, so need to get the Samco one on there asap...