Best exhaust size and manufacturer

Jimbling

Right as the title says what exhausts has peeps got on their vrs's ?

6 things I would like if possible

1.manufacturer

2.pipe size

3.decat

4.sports cat

5.resonated or non res

6.A video if possible

Looking for the best possible system for my vrs, as the system I have on now is a 3" system, from turbo back. It only has one connectio,n so after I changed the turbo I can't get it sitting right.

I had a non resonated miltek on my diesel leon and that sounded nice, but never really Hurd one on a petrol turbo. Can't have it too loud as I'm up on day shift at 5 for work so I think resonated might be the best bet.

Also been doing a bit or research is a 3" down pipe with a sports cel in with a 2.5" car back fine ?

Sorry for the long post but would be best to find out cheers ken

I've run a really nice stainless 2.5" decat handmade by exhaust a fix - top quality welds etc and not budget busting... Rifled Pro Flow back box included...

Nice burble and 'pop' included... Was around £380... I'm now on a 3" decat having gone nuts with the car but can highly recommend them... They're on Station Road in Darlington so not too far from you - just call them and they'll give you an appointment time... Martin is the guy to speak to!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Edited this as I felt I was unfair in what I put!!

I've got carbinaro intake with a k&n cone filter, 3" down pipe to a gutted sports cat (so a decat) and then a non res miltek with the oval tailpipe. On tickover outside it's got a nice burble to it, not really loud but you can hear it's a performance exhaust. Inside with the radio at normal volume you can't hear it. Normal driving inside you can hear it but it's more of a background noise, it's not a deep boomy tone so it's quite easy to not notice it. From the outside it's fairly loud but not like a chavvy corsa you can hear for miles droning. You'd more than likely turn to look and see what it is because of the dump valve than the exhaust but it's got a very nice tone to it. On full boost it sounds lovely, the mixture of the spool and induction note with the exhaust sounds awesome and inside it's fairly loud but because it's not a boomy exhaust note it won't give you a headache. Outside it's fairly loud but again because of the tone of it it's not just noise like a scooby for example it sounds like it's got a decent performance system on rather than just "BWAAAAAAAA" coming out of it. If I'm on my own I like to drop the windows to hear it better but this is because I've done 2 years and 50k in my fabia vRS so the soundtrack of this amazing to me lol. I've had my share of very loud exhausts and I have to say I do love the sound of this and it's probably one of the quietest exhaust systems I've had but seeing as I'm meant to be a grown up dad now it's spot on, loud enough to keep me happy but not intrusive to have the wife and kids moaning about if I give it some. I'd highly recommend it and I'll try and do a vid of it

Recorded these on my phone, so there is a little bit of break up due to the wind, but you can hear the exhaust note.

It's not too loud under normal conditions. Obviously, it sounds modified, but it's a nice burble and then a bit louder when you're pushing it.

Recorded these on my phone, so there is a little bit of break up due to the wind, but you can hear the exhaust note.

It's not too loud under normal conditions. Obviously, it sounds modified, but it's a nice burble and then a bit louder when you're pushing it.

That's still too loud for me bud I don't mind a bit of noise but I can't stand a screaming exhaust does my head in with all the corsas and clios round here that have them

That's still too loud for me bud I don't mind a bit of noise but I can't stand a screaming exhaust does my head in with all the corsas and clios round here that have them

I wouldn't call it screaming. It's still well under trackday noise limits.

If you added another silencer to this, it would be much quieter, maybe a bit fruity sounding.

A custom exhaust place will be able to tune it to whatever note you wanted, but it depends what you want to spend and whether you want off the shelf or custom.

A resonated system will be much quieter than mine.