Mk2 Fabia vrs rolling road, post your graphs

Ant-Vrs

Well mine might be different but i have a sps switch enabling me to turn of my revo map and basically i turned it of for a day see what the difference in everyday driving was and it was worse on fuel than it was with the map on aswell! Just felt crap but could have just been me used to it with the remap on

Well i didnr think it would either! But having taking the car to the same rollers within a week or soo just proves that there was quite an increase from the fmic! I experienced alot of heat soak and what felt like a completly different car after a few days of having it on! The originals are just not significantly sized enough to deal with the power even from standard in my opinion.. I am just sharing my experience as advice for people looking into it and wanting better responce and power from there fabdog, the only thing i wouldnt really advise is to put a fmic on a fab that hasnt been remapped or mapped in for one i took my revo map of for a day and it was awful drank fuel like it was free

Did you take it before and after Kingfish9307 or are you talking about the previous post?

Mine is standard with a forge fmic on and it's the same on fuel but pulls a lot better. Also I've took of the supercharger box and all the foam out too,

Ahh well like a say it might just be me lol.. Yes it was me that took it on before and after! Before it had a revo stage 1,itg,forge bov, milltek catback. 195.5 bhp 198.7 ftlbs. With fmic a week after same rollers 210.7 bhp and 239 ftlbs :D smiles

Ahh well like a say it might just be me lol.. Yes it was me that took it on before and after! Before it had a revo stage 1,itg,forge bov, milltek catback. 195.5 bhp 198.7 ftlbs. With fmic a week after same rollers 210.7 bhp and 239 ftlbs :D smiles

195 doesn't seem much for all of that.

195 doesn't seem much for all of that.

Exactly my point. Something is certainly wrong if a stage 1 car doesn't get ~ 205 bhp. Let alone with an ITG. Which is of course why a stock dyno run always helps identify such issues, for example did it make 170,175 or 180 before? I just would not believe a fmic alone provided +15 hp even if it had the most sophisticated design ever made. Probably the car did't get where it should have with the remap in the first place and the fmic just allowed it to reach an already "paid for" level of performance. At least that's the way I see it.

Edited by newbie69

Exactly my point. Something is certainly wrong if a stage 1 car doesn't get ~ 205 bhp. Let alone with an ITG. Which is of course why a stock dyno run always helps identify such issues, for example did it make 170,175 or 180 before? I just would not believe a fmic alone provided +15 hp even if it had the most sophisticated design ever made. Probably the car did't get where it should have with the remap in the first place and the fmic just allowed it to reach an already "paid for" level of performance. At least that's the way I see it.

Mines remapped and the rolling road said it made 210 bhp up from 179.9 bhp. I would of liked to have gotten it verified as these guys mess around with programs for a living so whats to say they don't mess around with their rolling road software. It was to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. I did end up taking it back twice as he said that it needed the standard software updating as it had an issue with reporting the wrong temperature and sometimes the remap wouldn't give the extra bhp. It did feel a lot quicker afterwards but never know if that is just me.

Anyway, Ant-Vrs is kindly fitting an FMIC tomorrow (the one of ebay) and end November I've got a rolling road booked so will be interesting to know what values it gets then.

It made 170 stock.. Wasnt the best but could be worse! And it did make the difference honestly im not a fmic sales rep just sharing my figures and experiences

I dont know what it is on here, but whenever you mention intercoolers, people get their balls in a right twist.

its simple,

heat = less power, getting rid of the heat = more power

putting an intercooler 3 times the height and about half the extra thickness means there is a much larger heat sink to get rid of that heat.

actually i was going to write some information on the matter but i genuinely cant be bothered.

I remember some kid on here when i was fitting mine making out i was adding 50kg to the front of the car and it would upset handling etc and that a larger cooler is outweighed by the fact you're bolting something heavy to the front of the car haha.

get me back in a MK2 Focus ST asap! found tons of them over here in RO!

Edited by matthewl

Surely the reduction in heat provided by a better intercooler will mean the ecu alters things to maintain a set of predefined limits meaning it will try and still produce as close as it can to 180ps?

Is this not why a stage 2 is developed to make full use of the cooler air provided.

Ie if you run your car on a dyno at 30 degree outside temp then again with a outside temp of -10. This difference of 40 degrees is catered for by the ecu so maybe a variation in bhp of around 5 max?

I guess Forge Motorsport claim to + 18 bhp is with the car being mapped to make use of the upgraded FMIC.

"The result of all this hard work is clearly evident with a good torque and power increase all the way across the rev range, and not just a peak figure increase. This equates to really usable gains. The difference is felt even on a car running standard software ( +10hp). The maximum gains achievable of course will be dependent on the software used but on a software tuned car we recorded 18hp on the first power run."

• Like 1

I dont know what it is on here, but whenever you mention intercoolers, people get their balls in a twist

its simple,

heat = less power, getting rid of the heat = more power

putting an intercooler 3 times the height and about half the extra thickness means there is a much larger heat sink to get rid of that heat.

actually i was going to write some information on the matter but i genuinely cant be bothered.

I remember some kid on here when i was fitting mine making out i was adding 50kg to the front of the car and it would upset handling etc and that a larger cooler is outweighed by the fact you're bolting something heavy to the front of the car haha.

get me back in a MK2 Focus ST asap! found tons of them over here in RO!

Correct couldnt fault a word you said, then you mentioned focus st lol...

• Like 1

Correct couldnt fault a word you said, then you mentioned focus st lol...

Im out in romania now,

performance cars out here seem very rare and hard to find, ive found about 8 sts so far though, and this is the only car i have missed which i sold. literally put it in the garage as a trade and regretted it the moment i got in the fabia! :(

Big plans for this one though..

I really hate you lot sometimes, just as I manage to talk myself out of modifying my Fabia a thread like this comes along and I start looking at my wallet again wondering if I should just take the plunge :L

Not sure I can hold out much longer!

• Like 2

Well I had a forge FMIC and Powerflex lower engine mount fitted over the weekend and to be honest can't tell really that much difference unlike when it was remapped. I need to drive it some more and the rolling road at the end of November should tell me exactly if it has made any difference before I know for certain as making it point something of a second faster is impossible for me to distinguish.

I can certainly feel the extra vibration through the brake peddle of the upgraded engine mount but it seems to have helped produce a smoother kick back, time will tell if I can put up with the vibrations when faced with rush hour start and stop traffic. Regardless, I'm more than happy with the car and it's certainly quick enough for my needs.

Well I had a forge FMIC and Powerflex lower engine mount fitted over the weekend and to be honest can't tell really that much difference unlike when it was remapped. I need to drive it some more and the rolling road at the end of November should tell me exactly if it has made any difference before I know for certain as making it point something of a second faster is impossible for me to distinguish.

I can certainly feel the extra vibration through the brake peddle of the upgraded engine mount but it seems to have helped produce a smoother kick back, time will tell if I can put up with the vibrations when faced with rush hour start and stop traffic. Regardless, I'm more than happy with the car and it's certainly quick enough for my needs.

glad your happy with it Jay. I was going to ask you about the engine mount but forgot to msg you lol I think I will do mine soon then the wishbones too.

Which anti vibe mount did you put in? Don't they come in different stiffness grades?

I put in the petrol one which I believe is 70 shore and is recommended for the petrol VRS engine, I'm thinking if the diesel one would have been a better choice but maybe I'll get use to it after a while. It was easy to get the old one in and the new one pressed back in but a bit of struggle to get it bolted back in place since the new one was a tighter fit. Thinking about it might of been better using a long arm clamp to pull it back in place rather than wracking it with a BFH :notme:

glad your happy with it Jay. I was going to ask you about the engine mount but forgot to msg you lol I think I will do mine soon then the wishbones too.

I think the wishbone are next also. Thanks again for fitting it all, top bloke!

• Like 1