Mk2 Fabia vrs rolling road, post your graphs

Ant-Vrs

No wonder you like your power delivery, this graphs is brilliant, even managed to get rid of that stock dip.

Yer thanks mate I drove a mapped one before but this feels so much better

Mine's running at 218 with map and forge intercooler. Amazing how it deliveries the power.

Nice mate I keep thinking about getting intercooler but still in two minds whetherbto keep her

Nice mate I keep thinking about getting intercooler but still in two minds whetherbto keep her

Think I mentioned before it made about 8 bhp difference. It was more to with keep the engine cooler but as others have suggest it might not be required if you're not thrashing it around a track. What spark plugs are you using?

For mapped and stock, which plugs are recommended? The Skoda standards don't seem to be up to the job, although I've never had any problems with them. I've used the NGK 7's before which were fine and was wondering about the Denso's which some members swear by? Quite a lot more expensive though.

The correct DENSO Spark plugs are £12.60 each from Euro Car Parts.    How much did you pay for NGK 7's ?

The BKR7EIX are £6.99 from Camskill plus a couple of £'s for posting. I've got a set waiting to be fitted which hopefully I'll get chance over the next couple of days. I'll be interested to see how the standard OEM plugs have lasted.

tattyjay,

£6.99 is not cheaper than £12.60 if they only last less than 1/2 the mileage.  

Well not to this tight Scottish People.

Then lets not forget the possible £3,000 plus cost when Spark Plugs might fail.

tattyjay,

Totally understand that they might overall turn out to be more expensive, you misunderstand me I wasn't commenting on if they were any good. Neither the NGK's or Denso's ones are as expensive as the OEM which I think they charged me some like £16 - £17 per plug. I'll take pictures and post once the OEM ones are if they show any signs of wear.

tattyjay,

Half the time? I took my NGK's out and they were fine after a good 10,000 miles. (I like changing mine every 10k). I'm sure they'd be fine for another 10k miles. I think I got mine off eBay for around £6-7 each, may have even been less. I'll give the Denso's a go soon.

Just wondering if either or was recommended for a map. Anyway, sorry to move the topic away from map graphs! Hopefully I can add mine to this soon!

Jay Mitchell,

i know this is an unpopular question,

but was your insurance company gentle on you when you told them?

MillsyVRS,

you were not running stage 1 (210bhp plus) were you.?

http://goapr.co.uk

Good for a Stage 1 map,

& maybe switchable / Lock as well using the Cruise Control.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Jay Mitchell,

i know this is an unpopular question,

but was your insurance company gentle on you when you told them?

MillsyVRS,

you are not running stage 1 (210bhp plus) are you.?

Not yet. But I didn't notice any real difference in performance or MPG or anything between the NGK 7's and the ones Skoda supply as standard.

Sorry for the poor quality photo.

My 1.2Tsi 86BHP, with a Stage 1 Revo Map, now producing 132BHP and 165lb of torque.

I'm impressed with the graph.

2014-12-21154708_zpsd124d72a.jpg

They're awesome figures for a 1.2! Bet it's a lot of fun to drive!

MillysVRS,

Why should you have noticed any difference with the 7's on the correct gap, there is no advantage really.

& no need for anything negative running a standard engine.

But REVO recommended them,

but they hardly helped their gash remap.

Spark Plugs on a Standard CAVE or CTHE should not be failing prematurely.

If you are running a different from standard MAP or a Tuning Box you want to take care with plugs.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...

Here's the graph if anyone is interested.

The print out I got from Awesome was rubbish compared to ones like that! A graph and that's it, no additional info or anything. Not the end of the world obviously.

The print out I got from Awesome was rubbish compared to ones like that! A graph and that's it, no additional info or anything. Not the end of the world obviously.

Keep an eye out for rolling road days as can be half the price.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...