H&R Cup kit issue

VRobS

I've had a 55mm H&R cup kit fitted to my 2007 vrs. So as far as I'm aware they should be fully settled in however the rear still seems to be a lot higher than the front. Has any one else had this problem and is there a solution. I don't often have a lot of weight in the car n the boot is usually empty so is it just a case of loading up the rears so they settle more? Any help greatly appreciated

7327D454-7845-40EA-92D2-51DF65293D04_zps

If you figure this out please let me know! My 2006 vRS TFSI is the exact same with the same kit fitted over 3 months ago.

Do you carry much weight in the back? I'm thinking of loading the boot up for a week or so n seeing how it gets on.

This is my before / after measurements (with a 35mm kit).  Your front is 15mm lower than mine, which seems about right.  But the rear is higher than mine was before I dropped it!  Something is not right with it...

Before - Front 675mm, Rear 675mm

After - Front 655mm, Rear 660mm

Didn't someone on here have a similar issue recently where the springs weren't quite seated properly?  I think going over some speedbumps settled it for him, but may be worth finding that thread, else taking it back to the fitter for a look.  Hope it gets sorted for you both.

That's interesting. I fitted the springs myself so I'm gonna give them a look this weekend. Hopefully it's something as simple as that and that should save me the price of coil overs to sort the problem.

Well had a look round dropped the springs out but couldn't see any reason the back end is so hi. So decided to put some weight in the boot to help it settle.

8B1CA12A-3296-41DC-85A5-57BEC6FB1AB8_zps

200Kg later and it's sitting a bit more like level. Now sits at 645 front and 650 at the rear. Going to run it round like this until Monday night hopefully that will be long enough for it to settle properly.

It was me who started that thread about mine sittin higher at back. Just measured mine now its had a few month to settle and its 650mm at front and 660mm at back with 30mm pi springs fitted. 20140906_121620.jpg

It was mentioned to me by a friend at work that had I possibly been given springs for an estate. This had never crossed my mind as I had thought they were probably the same can anyone confirm this?

Not entirely sure on that. Mine sat perfectly fine on -50mm H&R springs with standard dampers . I loved how it sat- just right.

Fitted the Bilstein B8 dampers and immediately the rear sat noticeably higher than the front; which sat perfectly as it did on the standard dampers.