H&R Cup kit issue

VRobS

I've got the same Issue with my FL. Had the H&R Comfort Cup Kit -45/50front and -45/50 rear. The rear sits higher than the front. I've done just over 1k Miles now hoping that they would settle considering I drive mostly on bumpy country lanes but no luck. Was thinking of adding some weight for a week see if that helps.

Will be interesting to see if you find a solution.

It's odd that 3 of us are having the same issue. Mine are fitted to Bilstein B8 dampers; interesting to know the same outcome is being seen on H&R dampers. I was questioning if the Bilstein dampers were causing the apparent visual effect.

Seems to me that H&R either have a fault they don't know about or they have special designed that ride hight for a reason. Personally if it doesn't settle to a more reasonable hight I may consider fitting a set of adjustable hight springs just to correct the rear and leave the H&R shocks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a late update but it does seem that my rear springs are starting to settle. There still not at a satisfactory level yet but I'll keep an eye on it and keep every one updated.

• Like 1

I'd say it's slightly harder than stock but not stupidly hard. As for the handeling it's hard to say how much of an improvement it gave as I changed the rear anti roll bar about the same time.

I have H&R 50mm springs fitted to Bilstein B4 (Sport suspension version) dampers. My car is a 57 estate and sits slightly higher at the front. Feels brilliant. If anything I would say more comfortable than standard height with standard shockers, but a lot less cornering roll!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the long wait for an update. Here are a few quick pics taken at lunch time today. Sorry about the poor quality I was using my phone.

image_zps70fbe303.jpg

image_zps7712595c.jpg

That is exactly how my FL sits, the front looks perfect but the back end is way too high. I'm now thinking of getting another spring kit and just using the rear springs to see if I can make it sit better.

I've seen fk coilovers for sale on dpm's website and on eBay for £185 I'm thinking of using just the rear springs and adjusters so I can set the rear hight so it matches the front that way I'm not gambling with a new set of springs been the same.

• 1 month later...

After about 6 months of allowing the springs to bed in I have come to the conclusion that it's not going to get any better than it is now. So I decided this is my next option a set of FK coilovers were purchased and I'm going to fit just the rear springs and adjusters. D61280F9-B20A-40CC-BB50-DA3CE54C1345_zps

• Like 1

After about 6 months of allowing the springs to bed in I have come to the conclusion that it's not going to get any better than it is now. So I decided this is my next option a set of FK coilovers were purchased and I'm going to fit just the rear springs and adjusters.

Be interested to see how you get on with these, with how cheap they are.

Well couple of hours later I've got them fitted.

This is the original hight

3D2F6BC9-72CC-4C62-8E1C-3CF613730CBE_zps

This the new hight with the FKs fitted

5CAB3515-F45E-4A25-93D4-865F0BC78987_zps

8A18E6CF-4E6A-4AD9-B008-18B8532557FD_zps

I've left a little hight on them as I'm expecting they'll dropp a small amount.

• 3 weeks later...

Hows the ride with just the rear springs fitted. Still want the back end to go lower on mine, was considering going for coil overs all round and selling the H&R kit but seems a waist.

It seems fine at the moment but with the roads been as wet as they are I've not really pushed the car while cornering. It doesn't seem any harder or softer so everything's looking good so far. I know what you mean hence me going FKs. I did try to source just the springs and adjuster but I didn't have any luck. Would have been cheaper in the long run to have bought a decent coilover setup in the first place but we live and learn.