Fabia vrs - catch cans

Lloyd55vrs

So is it 19mm from the engine

21mm to the tip ?

yeah.

easy from eng to can, as can has 19mm outlets :)

Just need some sort of reducer in the pipe from can to intake pipe to take it from 19mm to 21mm.

Sizes go (internal diameter) 16mm - 19mm - 22mm.

Not saying it's impossible to get inbetween but regards to be readily availible that's what most places will stock.

I've also tried both on my rocker cover breather and still opted for 19mm as a tight fit.

do you need any reducers with the 19mm hose? or is it just a case of 2x 19mm hose lengths and away you go?

No reducers needed, just a blank on the turbo intake pipe if venting to atmosphere.

So if i get fabia can with 21/22mm outlets :)

That will be the best then

I guess so, yeah.

Downside to using the bigger hose is its hard to route easily without kinking, and the lack of space over the cam cover/past the oil filler, see my pic.

19mm dipped in some hot water before fitting goes on the cam cover outlet nicely,ignore Alex, as to quote Danham, Alex is a 'little weasel'!!!!!!  :D

• Like 1

I am a fine specimen of a human being (apart from the lack of hair...) thank you very much Kevin!!  :nerd:  :strong:  :makeup:

Nah 19mm is probably best to be honest. As Kev says, 22mm hose is getting really thick.

I did dip mine in hot water also, but still have troubles pushing it on - my feet were literally sliding on the floor I was pushing on it so bloody hard!!

Oh, and Kev has a zimmer, plus Dan is fat....  :D  :angel:  :clap:  :yes:

• Like 1

Pics below,it was only a bracket I knocked up quickly due to the original one fixed to the front panel snapping due to the engine movement,was planning on making a proper one,but that was a few months ago now! :)

IIRC I had to bend the bracket on the engine to get it to the angle in pics,its the bracket that engine cover fits too.

DSCF3126_zps3c698a76.jpg

DSCF3124_zpsb83d112c.jpg