Where has this piece of plastic come from?

The clip tabs point inwards (towards the ones on the opposite side), which seems a little strange. Like it will clip over a bar or something. If it was just a hole filler you'd think the clips would be out towards the edge and have the tab part pointing outwards.

Quick google search for p/n revealed a Polish site, and using Google translate:

"ETKA online helped me find a place, cap fall out from the side of the sofa, ie. as we shall support it on its side near the bottom part is the cap."

Sofa = back-seats probably ;-)

Original link: http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopic.php?t=79924

• Like 1

Perhaps it's one of the parts your dealership cobbled together to create a black pack for you....?

Haha nothing would surprise me now.

Fold your back seats down, on the side there's a plastic cover that covers the cable for the seat release.... That look like that cover to me.

Yes that's it! It was about halfway down the side of the rear seats. Not sure how I managed to knock that off.

• Like 2

Yes mine came off and found it this morning when vacuming the car out.

Came off the right hand back seat and one of the lugs looks broken.

Must have come of when folding seats to get a washing machine in the back.

Will this lead to a world wide recall!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It keeps falling off the side of my LH rear seat back, usually when it is folded. I only bought the car in June and bits are falling off already. If I hand't noticed it when it first came off, it would be one of those small plastic parts that you only discover where it goes a week before you sell the car cleaning it out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mine fell off (the plastic panel not anything nasty) this weekend. took me a few minutes to find this post to remind me where it's supposed to go.

The other piece of plastic that keeps getting dislodged is the overhead light switch panel.

Bit worrying. Are Skodas being made by French car workers now?

Le Dill

Mine fell off (the plastic panel not anything nasty) this weekend. took me a few minutes to find this post to remind me where it's supposed to go.

The other piece of plastic that keeps getting dislodged is the overhead light switch panel.

Bit worrying. Are Skodas being made by French car workers now?

Le Dill

Nope, 24k miles on mine now and these little bits are the only bits that have fallen off,........no rattles, well pleased.

• 1 year later...

Yippee, I can now return to whence it came from as its current home is in the rear ashtray :clap: