Door/ Window Control Module Problem

Hi guys..

A few weeks back, my octys right rear door got stuck. Octys locks are made in such a way that once we locked it a deadlock will engage. So we started to wiggle the lock pin while pressing the locking and unlocking buttons. After a no of tries the door suddenly unlocked. Then I removed the door pad to find the problem. 

I found out there is a control module integrated with the power window motor and took that apart. 

I also found a little rust on its pins, and sprayed a little bit of WD40 and **** happened!!! The pin broke :sweat:  .... 

Then I took the module out and was unable to take the circuit board out of the box. I was frustrated and started searching and found out there was not many threads about this problem in the web.

By that time my father took it out of the plastic box using a hot air and a little bit of muscle.  :D

Then I checked it. One of the pin was rusted all the way and when i sprayed WD40 it became a memory.

So i thought what the hell. Let me solder a new pin here. So I soldered a new pin (It was a mess ) and put it back. Worked fine!!

Every one was happy.  :sun:

Yesterday the door got stuck again. This time it won't open no matter what. The dead lock had engaged. :devil:

So after searching the net I understood that there is a possibility to open the door by removing the door card while the door is closed. But removing the door card without causing any damage is a pain in the a**. 

Upon checking the door card and seat position, i decided to remove the seat. Then I removed the 2 screws at the bottom of the card which was accessible. 

The the power window switch is removed and the screw behind the inside handle. After a bit of wiggling, the door card got removed without ANY damage.  :D

Upon a close inspection I found a no of pins got degraded.

post-113527-0-52521200-1410346390_thumb.jpgpost-113527-0-18440800-1410346421_thumb.jpgpost-113527-0-97273800-1410346361_thumb.jpg

There was no hope of repairing that thing again.

post-113527-0-14123900-1410346668_thumb.jpg

And in India, there are only a few octys, so parts were scarce.

I contacted a person who might have the part and wow, he has one. So I went there and bought the item. 

post-113527-0-61427100-1410346451_thumb.jpg

Now I got the new part, but I was thinking, as this is a common problem, I should fill the module with either silicon or glue using a glue gun.

What do u guys say??

post-113527-0-25013800-1410346481_thumb.jpg

After some research, i found out that silicone is best but hot glue also can be used.. It can be used for insulation and has heat conductive properties. But we should use neutral cure (shouldn't contain any acid. Normal acetic/acetoxy silicon can't be used) silicone which generally comes in 2 parts. Due to the unavailability of silicon, i used hot glue. 

Any ways, thank you BrownBarge. 

• 5 years later...