Columbus - Activating the "Hidden" Setup Menu?

numskull

Hi all,

The MKII is currently at the dealers having a couple of warranty bits resolved. I've alos asked them to activate the Hidden setup menu on the Columbus, the one when you press and hold the Setup button for 20+ seconds and it gives the map, HW and FW details?

They don't seem to be able to get this enabled, so does anyone have the correct method, so I can offer them your assistance?   :D

Cheers... Rob

Depending upon firmware version, that information is available on the 'Radio' menu under 'Version information'.

Activation with VCDS is in '37 - Navigation' > 'Adaptation' > 'Test menu' and needs changing to a value of 1.

Depending upon firmware version, that information is available on the 'Radio' menu under 'Version information'.

Activation with VCDS is in '37 - Navigation' > 'Adaptation' > 'Test menu' and needs changing to a value of 1.

Brill, Thanks! So the "hidden" menu when you press and hold the "Setup" button just gives the same information as your suggestion under the "radio" menu? 

It gives a lot more info but the only useful thing is the cars speed (in KM/hr) taken from the CAN/ABS sensors not the speedo display.

The version info on the radio menu only seems to be there in newer firmware. Can't say exactly which ones, but seems to be 4xxx onwards.

Personally I can't see what all the fuss is over the hidden/secret menu.

It gives a lot more info but the only useful thing is the cars speed (in KM/hr) taken from the CAN/ABS sensors not the speedo display.

The version info on the radio menu only seems to be there in newer firmware. Can't say exactly which ones, but seems to be 4xxx onwards.

Personally I can't see what all the fuss is over the hidden/secret menu.

I just want to know the Map, FW and HW versions installed, but it sounds like your suggestion that is all available under the radio menu too?

• 2 weeks later...

Brill, Thanks! So the "hidden" menu when you press and hold the "Setup" button just gives the same information as your suggestion under the "radio" menu?

Seems I don't have the "correct" Firmware version.. Nothing comes up. :(