Best Colour for Yeti Elegance Outdoor

GeoffH

I think the Yeti looks good in the majority of colours, but I haven't had white since my mini and land rover so I thought Id give it a go.

Since I ordered it I have seen all the current colours and glad I went for candy white.... A colour VW wanted to charge £200 extra for on the Tig in early 2013. There were so many people contacted VW they dropped the surcharge (After I'd ordered the Titanium!)

• 1 year later...

If I didn't live out in the country I would have definitely chosen white. I agree it looks the best, especially with the black roof.

My Yeti in Rosso Brunello looks great and is not too dark, so suits the Yeti shape, but shows the dirt, which my sliver one didn't.

I have a Monte Carlo in moon white with a black roof.  It is stunning and much admired.  It really doesn't show the dirt - amazing!!  And it goes to the farm through dirty water quite often.

I bought it unseen (50 miles on the clock) and fell in love instantly (fortunately :clap: ).  Looks a totally different car when stood beside my friend's Yeti in shark blue - makes the blue Yeti look boring. 

I bought my Petrol Blue from stock and hadn't seen a Yeti in that colour beforehand, despite looking out for one.

Even if I had the chance to change I wouldn't as I think the Petrol Blue looks great.

I must admit I always think that it is strange that folks ask about colour choices (except maybe about the brown interior in the L&K!) as from our answers we all have our favourites and different ones at that.

So go with what you like and want!

Edited by VAGCF

Since I started this thread I got a Cappuccino with Gobi sand on Motability. I have to say I love the car and colour... But it might have to go back as I have just been reassessed to go from indefinite Disability Living Allowance to PIP. Unfortunately on the day of my medical I was having a good day so hope I don't have to go to a tribunal. If it does I will lose the car. I will have the option to buy it but gather the prices asked are full retail which I hope doesn't take into account the options I paid for upfront.

If they ask too much for the car I'll go for a Candy White L&K.. I have had two VAG cars with the name Beige associated with them so I fancy a change.... Here's hoping I don't have to order a new one as the waiting time is approx 12 weeks?

One of my neighbours at our holiday home has just took delivery of a Jungle Green model with a lovely brown interior which go together very well, an impressive combination

My current jungle dreen with gobi leather has had more favourable comments than all my previous Yetis together.(Though I have a soft spot for Rosso brunello with Gobi.)

My Yeti was Rosso and Gobi and everyone I saw commented on it, a lovely combination. I was tempted to go for the Nissan Nightshade when I ordered my QQ, similar on paper to Rosso but in real life does not classy and the black only leather in the QQ does not have the wow of the Gobi.

I would not be surprised to see me having Rosso again when the second gen. Yeti comes out, but no doubt the colour will be dropped by then.

• Like 1

My Yeti Outdoor is Laser White, officially it's blue* but it's white.

*According to Skoda and EU Statistical Code it's blue and was registered as blue, but I changed it to white post registration.

My Yeti Outdoor is Laser White, officially it's blue* but it's white.

*According to Skoda and EU Statistical Code it's blue and was registered as blue, but I changed it to white post registration.

Does the owners hand book tell you to wash it with DAZ for that Blue Whiteness :D  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I ordered Jungle Green because it not only looks classy, but  because the dealer reckoned the dirt didn't show up so well.  I had a white Fiesta once, and had to carry a can of solvent to wipe off the road tar spots that constantly appeared.

Colour is a personnel thing, but some car suit some colours better than others, see what colour the manufacture uses in the sales literature, in the Yeti's case Jungle Green and Moon White.

Would love to see a yeti in racing blue.