Skoda Superb 2.0tdci possible DPF problems

pipster83

For the past year I've had problems with my car spluttering. I drive 1000 miles per week and a lot on mototways. it is always improved when im driving at higher revs.

I manually regen on the motorway, Ive also had the garge regen it. Its just started happening very regularly and I'm now getting exhast fumes in the car.

I've spoken to my regular garage who advise a new DPF or a new service of sending away and cleaning current dpf which leaves me off the road for a week.

Does anyone else have any adice or experience of how successful the cleaning process is?

Thanks!

I have never heard of being able to clean the dpf i thought that when it was done a new one was required.

How many miles has the car done ? And how much was quoted for a new one ? I would have thought the amount of moterway miles that you do would be enough to clean and clear the dpf that you have. Could be a waste of money cleaning the one you have as it might be defective. Saying that i would be interested to know if cleaning would fix this as i belive a new dpf can be from 1000 to 1500 pounds.

You need to get the car scanned for faults before assuming the DPF is dead.

Also the ash content of the DPF should be read before writing off the DPF.

There are lots of sensors that control the DPF and the regeneration process. If one or more of these sensors are faulty then this can cause issues.

Priority number one is to post the fault codes on here...

Hi! Thanks for the advice! Not had a ford for a long while so not sure where tdci came from in my brain!

Had the sensors checked and changed before, shortly off to get an ash reading.

New part from skoda is £1600 but cleaning co has come out at £300 with 6 month guarantee and if repeats are needed £100 per clean for the lifetime of the car. Any thoughts?

Hi! Thanks for the advice! Not had a ford for a long while so not sure where tdci came from in my brain!

Had the sensors checked and changed before, shortly off to get an ash reading.

New part from skoda is £1600 but cleaning co has come out at £300 with 6 month guarantee and if repeats are needed £100 per clean for the lifetime of the car. Any thoughts?

Yes. Whats the contact details of the business? :)

DPF Clean Team

T: 01455 615459 M: 07935 849307

www.dpfcleanteam.co.uk

Although...I've since had it plugged in and the computer says the spot level is only at 26% so my garage think it's unlikely to be the DPF after all.

I've had the airflow meter changed and seeing how it drives for the next couple of days before possibly then changing the EGR which I have had cleaned before.

So far so good but any advice always appreciated!

DPF Clean Team

T: 01455 615459 M: 07935 849307

www.dpfcleanteam.co.uk

Although...I've since had it plugged in and the computer says the spot level is only at 26% so my garage think it's unlikely to be the DPF after all.

I've had the airflow meter changed and seeing how it drives for the next couple of days before possibly then changing the EGR which I have had cleaned before.

So far so good but any advice always appreciated!

Thanks for the info. Hope you get the issues resolved!

So air meter didn't solve the issue and the next step is EGR. I have a vague memory when researching previously about an injector problem which can cause this but can't find the thread. Does anyone have any ideas on that before I get the above done?

It splutters, feels like I'm in the wrong gear and there's a surge of power?