Where can I get the little hex style bolts for the protective sump guard tray?

Martin J

I seem to have lost a few of the little hex style collared bolts which hold the protective plastic sump guard tray in place. Consequently, it is starting to drag on the road and speed bumps. Do I have to go to the dealer for these (which probably means rip off prices) or can I get them somewhere else?  

Thanks

Martin 

LL

Funnily enough, I had thought about pinching a few from the wheel arches as a temporary measure as they are exactly the same. I'm sure they wont mind as they as long as they get replaced. Besides, I need to clean under those plastic arch inserts anyway and now I have no excuse!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Martin

• Like 1

Checked Halfords online but decided to go for the ebay kit. That way I have a some spares including the wheel arches in case some of the bolts are in bad shape or go AWOL at some point. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

MJ 

devonutopia

Out of interest, I rang up the dealer (Hughes in Aylesbury). The price per torx screw was 55p which is pricey. However, they offered to fit them free of charge to save me the hassle of grubbing around myself. Since I wanted to get it done ASAP and it  was only 3 screws and a ten minute job, I went with them.  Thanks for the offer though. Appreciated.

MJG

PS - Hughes also sell Mercedes so I had a butchers while I was there. Personally, I think they are overrated. Think I'll stick with my Skoda.

• Like 1

Yep. I emailed the MD and commended him on the excellent service and he even replied and acknowledged his appreciation for my comments. Whatever next!  Just hope the young rooky salesman wasn't repremanded by his manager for handing out freebies.