Blacksmoke Remaps

willmag

I dont have any experience with BlackSmoke but i think their a lot cheaper because you do the remap, they send you a generic map (like other people use) but then you upload it yourself as opposed to taking it somewhere. I was looking at them (because they had a lot of good reviews) before Fabrooka on here done my map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had black smoke remap on my golf. Cheap but generic. The guy was helpful though worth a looky. Fabroka on the other hand is brilliant and has been mapping my car for a month. Its on hold ATM till decat

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks lads, definitely worth a look! Poor student in need of remap for euro trip over here :P

Make sure it is an economy balanced remap that you ask for if you're going to be clocking up some big miles.

And buy some large jubilee clips to reinforce the air hoses ;)

JRJG

Make sure it is an economy balanced remap that you ask for if you're going to be clocking up some big miles.

And buy some large jubilee clips to reinforce the air hoses ;)

JRJG

Ok great, i'm guessing economy balanced still gives more poke?? yeah it'll be 3-4k miles in 3 weeks

Ok great, i'm guessing economy balanced still gives more poke?? yeah it'll be 3-4k miles in 3 weeks

I am sure it does, as it, in effect, 'unlocks' the full potential of the engine, as much as can be done as standard anyhow. I think an economy map is usually somewhere in the 5-10% increase on mpg. But there should be a noticeable improvement in it picking it's feet up too.

Do you have cruise control? That sounds like a lot of driving. :thumbup:

JRJG

I am sure it does, as it, in effect, 'unlocks' the full potential of the engine, as much as can be done as standard anyhow. I think an economy map is usually somewhere in the 5-10% increase on mpg. But there should be a noticeable improvement in it picking it's feet up too.

Do you have cruise control? That sounds like a lot of driving. :thumbup:

JRJG

Awesome thanks! Yeah cruise control is on the to do list!