My vRS has had it with oil...

newbie69

It is a 1.4 TSI Twincharger / DSG as fitted to the Seat Ibiza FR 150 ps petrol

(Different ECU / MAP.  and a great car. very hard to tell it is not a 180ps it goes the same has the almost identical Performance figures 

and the 139 Co2 g/km that the Polo & Ibiza had with the CAVE , and that the 2013 Ibiza Cupra got with the CTHE being fitted,

yet the vRS with the CTHE stayed at 148 Co2 g/km !!!)

http://carbuyer.co.uk/reviews_archive/61729/wrap-xhr

http://autocar.co.uk/car-review/seat/ibiza/first-drives/seat-ibiza-1.4-tsi-150-fr

Edited by goneoffSKi

There is.

Very few CTHF around, but none i have ever heard of that have had any oil issues.

That can not be said with plenty of CAVE & a few CTHE.

& 150 ps Minimum Vs 180 ps Minimum,

and you stop beside each other, floor them, and the lesser powered one will be pretty much right next to 

you when you hit 100 mph.

The Volkswagen Group have always liked to try out their engines and technology with Paying Customers doing the real world testing.

It is a shame they never admit when they get it wrong.

Lets hope that the Cylinder Failure, Plug Failure etc on the 1.4 TSI CAVE has given the VWG all the Experience and information 

required to ensure that Cylinder Deactivation / Cylinder on Demand, Turbo on Demand 1.4 TSI 140- 150 ps Minimum are all sorted.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

Learn how to build them right by building plenty and if they go wrong, just never admit it.

So are people finding particular brands of oil are better or grades? I've just been using what the dealer gives me which is 5w30 Mobil1. I hardly use any now and topped up for the first time in a good while yesterday.

Can only speak based on relatively short term personal experience of ownership (car getting engine change as I type), but I found that neither Castrol Edge FST 5W30 or Quantum longlife 5w30 lasted any length of time. Consumption was noticeably worse when they were used compared to using one supplied by Dingbro, or indeed Tesco oil.

I will be using either Comma or Mobil 1 once I get the car back, provided it doesn't gub my warranty.