Bluetooth Retrofit - Getting lost in part numbers...!

Evening all,

I wonder if someone may be able to point me in the right direction.  Basically I want to retrofit bluetooth to my 2010 Octavia L&K (Bolero, Maxidot & MFSW).  I've been researching this for 3 nights now and am now completely lost as there seems to be too much information and some contradicting information...

To start off I read some where the L&K has all the BT wiring there & all I need to do is plug in the module and code it?

Secondly BT Module part numbers, getting a bit confused here.  Are there any I should try and get and any I should avoid?

This is my list to look for so far :-

3C8 035 730 A

3C8 035 730 D

5N0 035 730 D
5K0 035 730 D
3C8 035 730 A - Premium?
3C8 035 730 C - Premium?

5N3 503 730 B
1K8 035 730 D

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by Quattrodaveuk

The BT modules are separate to the bolero and fitted under the drivers seat in factory fit. When i retro fitted mine, the bolero needed no coding - it just picked it up and the operation changed. With out the unit, when you press the phone button it mutes. With the kit, the bolero says something like "no phone connected"

In terms of units, I found carsystems.pl very helpful - mailed them and told them what i'd got, they told me the unit to use. I'm using a 5K0035730 rev B for a Bolero on a vrs registered Jan 2011 (with Maxidot). I can stream music as well, but not use RSAP (but then my phone doesn't support it)

These days with a FL maxidot, the sensible option is the premium 3C8 035 730 A or above unit. The top of the range D variety now costs just £100 or so on eBay and works with all phones, offering premium functions if your phone allows rSap, or more basic (but still good) functions if it doesn't (e.g. an iPhone). The same loom works for all, and you will also need a GSM antenna if you want the premium bit to work. The loom and antenna are available as a package from www.carsystems.pl. In my book, £170 is pretty good going for what you get with a 3c8 035 730 D unit.

I doubt the loom is fitted already but if it is there will be a unconnected plug for the module under one of the seats.

Adam

Yeah pretty good if around the £70 mark or less.  It does HFP only but supports streaming and all phones (which means no without premium services like text readout and wifi hotspot, although these are a bit of a gimmick to be fair). It also won't need a GSM antenna saving a few more quid...