Columbus Firmware/Nav

Can anyone help ? Car is a 2008 Octy VRS - When I bought the car I Bought a Columbus MFD 3 from Fleabay which works fine apart from the multidot sticking when on audio mode which I believe is an issue on some firmware. Model is HW104 & SW104 (Or it was before I updated the firmware back in 2009 - Cant check version no. now for some reason) and is currently on V5 maps which I want to update.Is it possible to update maps on SD card from here http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/es_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&&Page=Skoda-Landing-Page-MIB-Columbus&&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site& or will I have to purchase a DVD ? :nerd:

Can anyone help ? Car is a 2008 Octy VRS - When I bought the car I Bought a Columbus MFD 3 from Fleabay which works fine apart from the multidot sticking when on audio mode which I believe is an issue on some firmware. Model is HW104 & SW104 (Or it was before I updated the firmware back in 2009 - Cant check version no. now for some reason) and is currently on V5 maps which I want to update - Is it possible to update maps on SD card or will I have to purchase a DVD ? Which firmware do I need ?

Probably worth updating the firmware first to 4020. Given the age of your unit and tge firmware it was on, its probably an older European unit in the context used here: www.rnsfirmware.com.

This will wipe the maps so you will need a new map DVD. In that respect v11 is out now and even if you go the SD card route you will still need a DVD, see

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/325377-updating-columbus-maps-from-sd-card/#entry3938296

• Like 1

V5 is very old and wont give full functionality with newer firmware for things like points of interest. If it were me I would use a newer disc (v8 or above).

I haven't bought from them but I think kbphoto has so drop him a line.

Ok. Well once you've upgraded also go here:

http://www.my-gti.com/3374/volkswagen-rns-510-firmware-upgrade-and-information

Then go down to "Skoda Columbus (RNS 510) Fix" and download the one for 3xxx/4xxx firmware and burn to a disc like a normal firmware update.

This will then update (or downgrade even) just the gateway of the RNS 510 to then make it work properly with the Skoda maxidot.

Phil

If that's the flash to fix the sticking maxidot you were talking about I have done that one (and also recommended it many times!). The problem that solves usually manifests as the MFSW controls not working or nav not showing in maxidot.

My maxidot sticking is something else but to be honest it so occasional its hardly an issue, and is fixed by a long hold of the stalk button anyway.  It could actually be a switch sticking thinking about it.

So this is where I am up to at mo; Firmware now updated to 4024 and Columbus working fine - I notice that video in motion is now active. Awaiting arrival of a v11 Disc in the post, bought one from here http://www.audisatnav.co.uk/ but it turned out to be a dud and have not had a reply from my emails.....

I need to update the RNS 510 in my EOS, perhaps I should avoid this supplier......

DC

Finito ! All working fine & dandy  :D Massive thanks to all the forum members for your help - Now on to the next 2 projects - HID kit (just had the car on VCDS and had the option " XENONS WITH SHUTTERS" option enabled) and the chrome grille colour coding......

• Like 1