1.9 TDI Clutch Query

Hello :)

I bought a used 2010 1.9 TDI from a dealer in May. Queried how heavy the clutch was and was told its fine. However having now covered 5000 miles I find the clutch to be very heavy (more so than other cards Ive driven) making start/stop traffic tiresome and sometimes there's a mechanical  'squeak' on letting the clutch out (mainly 1st to 2nd) and a feeling of mechanical roughness on the first part of the bite. Almost like something grating without lubrication.

So, I have a 12 month used car warranty, which I'm hoping covers the clutch, but should I push of investigation or are they all like this?

thanks.

Hi, i'm no expert but i'd be surprised if the Clutch was covered under the warranty. It's usually a "wear and tear" item. Probably why they put you off when you bought the car.

My 2006 1.9PD has a very light clutch pedal, the only thing of note is you can feel pulses in the first part of travel... par for the course with VAG hydraulic equipment apparently.

Unless the 2010 model has a cable operated item which could account for the noises you hear I'd be seeking professional advice.