Mk3 vrs wheel on m2 pre fl

• 2 weeks later...

So guys after a hard look I've managed to source a FL non-mfsw for my mk2 vrs. Is there anyone on here willing to fit it for me? I need to get the airbag and loom but not sure if I need a new controller. I live near heathrow but visit lancashire now and then so can commute if needed. Cheers

• 1 year later...

you don't need a loom

just the airbag

you might be ok with just an airbag cover, but can can't say 100%

Anyone know if the mk2 pre-FL airbag can be used with a mk2 FL airbag cover, what I mean is are the airbags the same apart from the covers, the fittings of the airbag look identical?!

Anyone know if the mk2 pre-FL airbag can be used with a mk2 FL airbag cover, what I mean is are the airbags the same apart from the covers, the fittings of the airbag look identical?!

Never heard of it being done and not sure if I'd want to be the first to try ;)

I agree that the rear of the airbags look very similar if not identical on the pre-FL and FL - at least from the ones on ebay so you might get away with it.