Bluetooth

pko1977

I apologise for bringing this up again as it appears that this has been raised many times.

I have just bought a 2010 Skoda Superb Elegance and cannot get the bluetooth to connect to anything. I was expecting it to be simple, alas no. I gather I'm far from alone...

I have tried to connect with a HTC one, Moto G and an ipad 4, all of which failed to see the car in the first place.

Is there a solution that doesn't involve new hardware or phone rooting (which is a concept I'm aware of and that's as far as it goes) or is it just a mess?

The best thing is to have a look at your BT module. Have a look under your drivers seat and take off the cover and look at the part numbers.

This will tell you what protocols the module supports.

Phil

Hoverub, I did that - I followed the guidance in the manual, limited as it is.

Phil - I had a look at the module and it seems to be the older version, at least it seems to match the numbers per another post on here. Does that mean I'm wasting my time?

Edited by pko1977

If its the older rSap only module it is either get a phone that uses rSap out of the box (Samsung, Nokia), find an rSap app which may involve rooting the phone or change the module for one that also supports HFP (hands free protocol).  If its an ipad/iphone/Apple device you have no choice but the latter.  3C8035730D premium modules which support both rSap and HFP can be had much more cheaply these days on ebay but its still a £100 outlay to change and you need maxidot to pair.  You might get a handsfree only module e.g. 5K0035730D or above for around £50-£70 and these can pair via the headunit (Bolero or Columbus) if you don'r have maxidot.

Adam

I rooted my phone (Xperia z) to get mine to work. Rooted it and purchased the rsap app off the play store (there's also a trial to ensure it works first) and it's working perfectly!

Forgive my ignorance, is the maxidot the little screen between the speedo and the rev counter? If so, I have that at least

Yes... but only if it shows the picture of the car with the doors open.

I got the module and it was very easy to fit and the phone now works. However, the story is not ended regrettably! I cannot stream audio to it, it registers the music and shows the song on screen but there is no sound! Can anyone help?

There is always the possibility that I'm being an idiot but I've played about with it for a while.

Thanks in advance

Edited by pko1977

Are there any other phones paired with the bluetooth? reason I ask is when I tested my phone on the demonstrator at the dealer I could not get it to connect, I could search for the phone, the car would find it, but would not pair... It seems that the car can only store 3 phones, which the demonstrator had, deleted all these and it worked straight away.. 

These modules require a separate pairing for the music player (which is an advantage if you want your phone connected for calls but a family member's for music).

It sounds like you have done that given you can see the song on screen, but just worth checking it is definitely the BT music you are seeing and not the HDD or SD card etc??  

Adam

Things have taken a bizarre twist, I can now play the songs from my phone via the car system. The twist is that it says I'm in hdd mode when doing so. It's definitely the phone music because the only way to skip a song is to do so on the phone. I'm at something of a loss I confess.

Edited by pko1977

I think you are correct actually, it now no longer tells me the song though and no matter what I do it only plays the phone's music on the driver side speakers! It's a flighty little sod! I think I'm gonna try and load lots of music on the hdd to save the headaches!

Everyone's input here has been fantastic and im very grateful.

The write speed to the HDD is so slow you're probably better off getting an SD card and using that instead. Only issue with both SD card and HDD is that you have to choose between having the option of getting the head unit to choose at random from all the tracks and having the tracks organised in folders so you can find them. 

• 2 weeks later...