2014 SE front interior light

Fishcann

Hi all

after searching the site several posts have came close to answering my query but not quite.

I'm trying to remove the interior front light panel so that I can change the bulb, I managed to pop off the middle section but it didn't look like the drawing / guide thats been posted before.

I've tried to prise off the panel around the lights themselves but there is quite a bit of resistance around where the LED ambient spots are and that's where my  bottle gave out! I felt that if it was going to pop off it would've done. I was hoping it would be straightforward like the lights in the rear of the cabin but it's not. I know lots of you have changed the bulbs in this unit before, so am I bottling out too early or using the wrong technique?

this is what it looks like when I remove the 'middle' part

post-117789-0-76139600-1410894908_thumb.jpg

Any ideas greatly appreciated, cheers

Ha lol, sorry, me on a good day!  ;)  hopefully this won't scare anyone from now on.

Thanks individual, but that only shows the sliding roof bit which I don't have.  Still trying but it doesn't want to seem to come off without a fight.

If you're still baffled by this, don't worry! The plastic cover further away from the lights swings down with a little pressure, exposing 2 Torx 20 screws. Loosen the screws and the entire unit swings down, giving you unfettered access to the lights from the back. It's easy peasy from there!

I discovered all this a couple of days ago because I'm having a problem with my lights as well

Declan, thank you very much, I'll try it tomorrow after some sleep, I've been camping all weekend with my scout group and they loved the LED's in the rear when I unlocked it from across the field at night  :D

Thanks again