key not been recognised by immobiliser

rv125

Can anybody point me in the direction of somebody who can help at reasonable cost,

my MK 1 Superb came with 3 keys and  the plastic fob with the four digit security number, two keys are remote the other is the workshop Key, the man I bought the car from informed me he had replaced a key about a year ago due to losing one. Lucky for me I found the missing key under the seat and have reprogrammed it to open the doors boot Windows etc but it will only start the car for a few seconds I believe the main dealer when providing the replacement key has switched this key off if that is the correct expression. I'm in Crewe Cheshire happy to travel reasonable distance if somebody can help me. Been to the local main agent and was told they weren't really interested in such an old car good customer service especially as the car was originally purchased from them. Thank you Clive

Any auto locksmith should be able to do it - round here I can get a whole (non-remote) key, including programming, for about £55.

If you have the plastic tag with the key code then I believe any licensed VCDS can do it (the lite version too if it has been registered).  It is standard practice to de-activate any keys which are lost, to prevent unauthorised used.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Passat_(3B)_Immobilizer#Key_Matching

Without the plastic tag it is a little more difficult, but the auto locksmiths usually have the tool needed to extract the secret key code from the immobiliser (it isn't very secure these days!)

• Like 1