1st Service for the Greenline.

DarrellGB

9500 miles clocked up and the 'Oil Change Due' message popped up, Michelle Skoda were as helpful as always, as I was due to be down that way they've slotted me in for Friday, nothing but good things to say about this dealership.

9500 miles clocked up and the 'Oil Change Due' message popped up, Michelle Skoda were as helpful as always, as I was due to be down that way they've slotted me in for Friday, nothing but good things to say about this dealership.

How long have you had it?

If it's less than a year then they whoever sold it has set it on fixed servicing to ensure you go in more than needed.

Yetis doing higher miles can be set for Variable servicing which is upto 18k miles IIRC.

My Mum's just had her first service (Yesterday) at one year / 14k miles.

• Like 1

How long have you had it?

If it's less than a year then they whoever sold it has set it on fixed servicing to ensure you go in more than needed.

Yetis doing higher miles can be set for Variable servicing which is upto 18k miles IIRC.

My Mum's just had her first service (Yesterday) at one year / 14k miles.

It's not 12 months old until Feb 15, it's on a full maintenance package so I'm not overly fussed, it's a 12k mileage allowance which I'll probably be over this year!!

I'll get them to alter the mileage between the next one, Skoda have already let me increase the mileage allowance for another £8 per month so happy with that.

It's not 12 months old until Feb 15, it's on a full maintenance package so I'm not overly fussed, it's a 12k mileage allowance which I'll probably be over this year!!

I'll get them to alter the mileage between the next one, Skoda have already let me increase the mileage allowance for another £8 per month so happy with that.

Word of advice, assuming the mileage allowance is in relation to the lease agreement, you really don't have to worry about exceeding the agreed mileage unless you plan to hand the car back at the end of the lease.

If you pay the final payment then the car is yours and it doesn't matter how many miles you have done.

And you very much should pay the final payment, because you can be absolutely sure, even with higher mileage, you will be able to sell the car for significantly more money than it costs you to buy it outright. Handing it back to the dealer is just throwing money away.

• Like 1

Word of advice, assuming the mileage allowance is in relation to the lease agreement, you really don't have to worry about exceeding the agreed mileage unless you plan to hand the car back at the end of the lease.

If you pay the final payment then the car is yours and it doesn't matter how many miles you have done.

And you very much should pay the final payment, because you can be absolutely sure, even with higher mileage, you will be able to sell the car for significantly more money than it costs you to buy it outright. Handing it back to the dealer is just throwing money away.

You're the second to say that, looking at how well they seem to be holding their value it's something I now plan to do. I plan on taking another new one on lease as I get such a great deal on salary sacrifice, put some money from the sale profits into it.