Dash clocks

Is it possible to replace the dash clocks on a 2002 Tdi elegance Octavia with ones from a Tdi mk4 golf that has the information in the centre of the dash rather than in the rev counter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without bothering to check myself - try searching for "maxidot" installation. i dont rightly know if the maxidot display does move the trip info up, but try that and you'll find out :)

Looks like the right thread to me because the answer is correct, the clocks themselves should work but the immo chip in the cluster will need to be coded to the main ECU. To achieve this you need the 4 digit SKC code for both your existing and donor cluster.

Physical fit could be an issue if the cluster is a different physical shape.

The internals of the cluster should be the same size etc, but think the casing is a different shape so will need swapping over. 

You will need the security codes from the original and replacement clusters. Or software to read the chip the original chip, and write it to the new cluster. This will basically clone it.

It will work, just need the immobiliser recoding

I don't think it'll matter too much, I think they'll both be immo3.

Do you know where I can get the vagtech software from and if there is software for SKU code puller please?

For the coding VCDS 12.12.3 is all you need, but you need the 4 digit code from your current cluster as well, and the donor and for that you need vagtacho and its lead unless they are provided with the donor cluster, and you have your original plastic tag from when the car was new.

For the coding VCDS 12.12.3 is all you need, but you need the 4 digit code from your current cluster as well, and the donor and for that you need vagtacho and its lead unless they are provided with the donor cluster, and you have your original plastic tag from when the car was new.

I bought my car second hand and didnt get anything like that with it. The person Im possibly buying the clocks from has the 4 digit code with them. I can not seem to find any vagtacho software that is compatible with windows 8. When you mean lead do you mean the same one that plugs into the diagnostic port? Sorry for all the questions just a bit unsure of what all the names of every thing are lol.

Commander should work OK, but the last one I used the software was buggy as hell!

I use Windows 7 or even XP for car tuning and tinkering, seems a lot more reliable in the way of software. It might be OK ran in compatiblity mode?

Perhaps find a seller on the bay who advertises Windows 8 as being OK.