DTUK CRDt+ 1.6tdi for sale

DarrellGB

Right.... so you have been sprouting the virtues of the tuning box to anyone that will listen, and telling all & sundry how great it is, and yet only a few weeks after buying it, you've decided it's not actually good enough and now you want to get a full remap...

I smell something in the air...

• Like 4

I thought you'd want to see the difference between the tuning box and the remap, with proven dyno results for both...  before selling.

I kept my tuning box for my CR170 until after I had my remap.

Then I ditched it.

• Like 1

I had the chance of a free remap and took it, what's the issue?

Certain posters should wind their neck in.

The car is going in for its service on Friday so I'm removing it and didn't see the point in putting in back on for a couple of days.

• Like 1

The jibes on this site against DarrellGB are getting too personal for my liking. This forum is supposed to be about helping other users not using every opportunity to criticise their choices. We are all individuals and should be able to post items that are possibly helpful to some - if not all members without getting personal abuse.

• Like 4

The jibes on this site against DarrellGB are getting too personal for my liking. This forum is supposed to be about helping other users not using every opportunity to criticise their choices. We are all individuals and should be able to post items that are possibly helpful to some - if not all members without getting personal abuse.

I fully agree.

• Like 2

Right.... so you have been sprouting the virtues of the tuning box to anyone that will listen, and telling all & sundry how great it is, and yet only a few weeks after buying it, you've decided it's not actually good enough and now you want to get a full remap...

I smell something in the air...

I think if I had the chance of a free Shark map, and being able to sell my tuning box to recoup a big chunk of cash, I'd do exactly the same...seems like a no brainer to me !

• Like 1

My reply is not intended as personal abuse. Free remap or not, if the car ran so well on the tuning box, why would you even consider a remap?

And to compound that - since (from what I have read) it involves opening the ECU and drilling - so is immediately obvious to Skoda dealers and will invalidate any future engine/drivetrain related warranty claim.

It seems a bit excessive, unless of course the tuning box map wasn't very good, or the OP didn't like the way it affected the driveability of the car - both of which would be very valid reasons for ditching it, but as someone who has so vocally advocated the tuning box option it all seems a bit odd to say the least.

• Like 1

And to compound that - since (from what I have read) it involves opening the ECU and drilling - so is immediately obvious to Skoda dealers and will invalidate any future engine/drivetrain related warranty claim.

Not anymore, the ECU protection has been cracked, so Shark can now flash the majority of cars via the OBD port without removing or taking apart the ECU.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/327216-tricore-protection-cracked-for-many-ecu-types-at-shark-performance/#entry3926865

Not anymore, the ECU protection has been cracked, so Shark can now flash the majority of cars via the OBD port without removing or taking apart the ECU.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/327216-tricore-protection-cracked-for-many-ecu-types-at-shark-performance/#entry3926865

Yes I enquired only earlier this week about mine, they confirmed it's now possible over OBD.

Still not compatible with STS though, which is a shame.

• Like 1

My reply is not intended as personal abuse. Free remap or not, if the car ran so well on the tuning box, why would you even consider a remap?

It seems a bit excessive, unless of course the tuning box map wasn't very good, or the OP didn't like the way it affected the driveability of the car - both of which would be very valid reasons for ditching it, but as someone who has so vocally advocated the tuning box option it all seems a bit odd to say the least.

I am lending the my car to develop mapping via the OBD for the 1.6tdi, they don't go near the ECU. So the box was and is excellent, but the option of having the car as the first 1.6tdi to be mapped by Shark via the OBD at no cost other than transport and the day off work was a no brainer.

That then allows me to offer a very good product from DTUK (whom I'm sure are thrilled to know is being slatted by you) to someone for a very good price.

Your posts are abusive and targeted, at least that's how they feel. It's easy to be brave behind a screen, if there are issues you have with me I'm happy to PM my address if you you would like to discuss anything in person.

• Like 2

I thought you'd want to see the difference between the tuning box and the remap, with proven dyno results for both...  before selling.

I kept my tuning box for my CR170 until after I had my remap.

Then I ditched it.

I would have loved to and that was the plan, but the first service is tomorrow so I had shoot over to my mates garage today, pop it on the ramps and drop the tray off to disconnect the boost sensor.

Due to work loads I won't have time to go over and get it connected back up.

That then allows me to offer a very good product from DTUK (whom I'm sure are thrilled to know is being slatted by you) to someone for a very good price.

Your posts are abusive and targeted, at least that's how they feel. It's easy to be brave behind a screen, if there are issues you have with me I'm happy to PM my address if you you would like to discuss anything in person.

Erm... I'm not slating anything. In fact I'm very much in the frame to buy a DTUK product myself. I was just trying to get to the bottom of why you had changed course because this makes me nervous about buying their product.

If you had any idea about me, you'll know that I was speaking to another member on this very forum a couple of weeks ago and I was actually being quite defensive of you and the criticism you have faced.

Please point out any posts where you think I have been abusive - as that is not my nature or intention at all.

I am straight talking and don't sugar-coat anything I say, so my posts may appear forthright and since there is no "tone" in text, you may have misconstrued my comments as targeted or abusive. But they're not. People post on forums for advice or opinion. I give my opinion.

Pretty sure from some of the things you've bought for your Yeti (e.g. the sill protectors), and the advice I gave about stone chipping affecting the facelift model, you have found some of my comments to be helpful? Maybe I got that wrong or just imagined it...?

• Like 2

Erm... I'm not slating anything. In fact I'm very much in the frame to buy a DTUK product myself. I was just trying to get to the bottom of why you had changed course because this makes me nervous about buying their product.

If you had any idea about me, you'll know that I was speaking to another member on this very forum a couple of weeks ago and I was actually being quite defensive of you and the criticism you have faced.

Please point out any posts where you think I have been abusive - as that is not my nature or intention at all.

I am straight talking and don't sugar-coat anything I say, so my posts may appear forthright and since there is no "tone" in text, you may have misconstrued my comments as targeted or abusive. But they're not. People post on forums for advice or opinion. I give my opinion.

Pretty sure from some of the things you've bought for your Yeti (e.g. the sill protectors), and the advice I gave about stone chipping affecting the facelift model, you have found some of my comments to be helpful? Maybe I got that wrong or just imagined it...?

I apologise if I've lumped you in with what seems to be a constant flow of negative from certain areas, I'm all for having a laugh but it's gone beyond funny.

I hope I've answered your question as to why, it's purely to good an opportunity to pass up and in no way diminishes my opinion on what is truly a fantastic product from DTUK.

My ignore list has not been so active for 4 years! :devil:

Not you 137699. :peek:

Fred

Nice to see you staying so active Fred, something to do after the Darby and Joan closes though eh ;)

Uncalled-for.

The call was being returned, I'm continually thrown upon but make one joke in reply to a comment made about me and it's uncalled for?

The flexible standards are hilarious!