iPhone bluetooth connection

2SkodaFamily

SWMBO has (atm) an iPhone 4S. She has it paired to the PID for hands-free in the car.

Seemingly, the bluetooth connection seems to stay active after she gets out of the car. This shows itself up as the phone going silent for all things except for Siri. Reboot the phone and it becomes normal again.

I noticed last night that the AirPlay symbol was showing a connection. Actually when I looked in there it was a bluetooth connection. The only thing that she connects it to for bluetooth is the PID. I'm assuming that the PID turns off when the car turns off, so why would the Bluetooth connection stay active?

The PID needs to be turned off properly, I found it goes into standby mode (shuts the screen down) but is still on, when taken out of the car.

I found the above out after the first few uses, when coming to use the unit again it was completly flat. Maybe this is why you can still see a Bluetooth connection to it. BTW I'm no tech guru just a thought.

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

Yup, if you take the PID with you without turning it off then its still powered up with the Bluetooth connection still live so the phone will still be paired and connected to it.

• Like 1

My Nexus 5 gets an odd thing with the bluetooth on the PID where, once the PID has gone into standby mode, it must be properly turned off before it'll reconnect and actually transfer anything. That's the original Navigon model, not sure if that's a common denominator?

Mine was in the house the other day on standby and I received a phone call through it so I was using it as a mobile phone. Strange. It must of been still connected with my iPhone which was in another room :)

that must be what ours is doing.

I never noticed when first using my PID when removing from the car it goes into count down mode to switch off. Now if you leave it it just counts down to standby mode, or you can press the screen to actually switch it off.

When using it on a long journey if removed it's handy just to remove it when stopping for a break and it's in standby. Once returned and re installed after a brief stop it resumes from where it left off in your journey, ie mpg, distance, sat nav etc.

You find out all these little happenings by chance because let's face it, do we ever read the boring manuals! :D

• Like 1

I had this problem too, it was annoying that my iPhone was still connected to the PID long time after I left the car, specially because all sounds are off. My solution, swipe from the bottom of the iPhone screen and up, set Bluetooth to off..., or on that same settings page, tap Airplay icon and switch from carphone to iPhone if you don't want to turn Bluetooth of

It's fast and easy, and you can swipe and get this screen directly from lock screen 

• Like 2