PID equivalent?

alexw28

Hi! Bought my 1 y/o Citigo back at the beginning of August and loving it so far.

Just wondering if anyone has found an equivalent to the PID device?

When I say this, what im actually looking for is a stand that would fit in the slot for the PID, then a bit to attach your mobile phone to on the end. So basically as though you had the PID, but the part where the screen is would be your phone, so like a stand with a blanking plate on the end.

It's just rather than buing one of these things that'll stick to your dashboard and leave marks etc.. and the currently empty space for the PID would be absolutley ideal.

I hope this makes sense and i'm willing to do a bit of DIY to make it work!

Thanks,

Alex

I currently cast my own parts for games consoles using silicone moulds, you could very easily make your own stand out of resin if you're willing to put the work in.

You could even get a multimeter out, see which of the contact points carries voltage and make it charge your phone. I haven't got the time or conviction to do it myself lol but if you need any pointers, drop me a line.

Shaun

Yeah the moulds take an awful long time to make but once its made, casting another is an absolute doddle lol. In fact you could realistically get 100-150 out of a mould lol.I know I certainly d with my parts.

Anyway good luck hunting.

• 2 weeks later...