Rear Springs 4x4 estate

benh78

Local garage changed the rear springs on my 51 plate octavia 1 estate 4x4 1.8t as one spring had broken.

Rear is now lower than front and if I add any weight or trailer the rear drops even lower to the point of being unusable.

Didn't do this on the other springs in short it was better with one broken spring.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for these springs?

Is it possible to fit the wrong springs e.g non 4wd?

Is it possible the car had heavier duty springs on?

Thanks

Maybe they fitted the rear springs from a 4x4 hatch? Check that the coloured dots on the springs are the same as the ones that came off. The springs that came off my estate had 5 orange dots on.

Thanks old springs are long gone as this was done in July before a holiday and then works been a bit crazy. Garage just asked me to do some research and they were going to speak to their supplier but no ideas what type if springs were fitted. Maybe I'll just get some from my local dealer and compare.

Good point about having the hatchback springs

The rear springs on the 4x4 estate are specific to the estate they have a different part no to the saloon springs due to the extra weight load capacity ,there is a spacer on the front springs to raise the height on the 4x4 this can be removed and will drop the front 10mm , the garage has fitted the wrong springs at the rear from you description if its now lower at the back they could be mk4 golf 4motion springs .

Thanks does anyone have a link they could put up for the right springs for the estate 4x4 not worried about being cheapest would rather pay more and them be right

Just so I can tie down the garage there isn't a heavy duty option?

Would they have been able to fix the hatchback springs?

This forum is great it's helped me with so many things on my 4x4 Octy anti roll bar upgrade, brake upgrade, door locks hid upgrade (oem with projectors - I know its a prickly subject[emoji1]), electric leather reccaro audi s3 seat upgrade all made easy.

• 4 months later...

Just to add got the correct springs from a Skoda dealer and the back end is back at the correct height and finally I can tow again what a pain but it turned out the springs that were on when unsought it were not the correct set either and that confused the garage as the correct springs didn't match the ones on it so they sent them back and out the wrong springs on it.

Yes feels so much better the wrong springs gave up a little bit about halfway through a corner at any decent speed giving a little twitch car still behaved well but didn't inspire confidence