Making the wait easier

Bluemoonin65

Greenline Yeti Elegance has been ordered - Petrol Blue (only because Shark Blue is no longer available), MDI, LED rear lights (you know whose fault that is!!!!) and heated windscreen washers build week of 41 given & confirmed. The pile of bits are waiting to be fitted & so now all there is to do is sit and wait.

So, 5-6 weeks left to go. Any suggestions on how to make the time pass quickly??

• Like 1

Sleep more?

What is this "sleep" thing you talk of?

Beer, women and crisps.. Should work.

Sadly, no money left after ordering new car... can't even afford to distract myself with the new iPhone! [emoji45] Edited by Bluemoonin65

What about a song then? That should be cheap enough! :p

You hum it son, I'll play it!

Download the Owner's Manual - and read it 

:angel:

I'm working my way thru it, but I can only manage 5 pages before sleep sets in..... which ties in quite nicely with Philbes suggestion.

What is it about an owners manual that almost saps all the joy out of owning a new car?

You hum it son, I'll play it!

I'm working my way thru it, but I can only manage 5 pages before sleep sets in..... which ties in quite nicely with Philbes suggestion.

What is it about an owners manual that almost saps all the joy out of owning a new car?

I have a Yeti and my wife has a Seat Mii Sport and I suspect that both manuals have been produced by the same team. They both send me to sleep but the Mii is worst because it's half the size of the Yeti one and the print is so small I give up sooner. :devil:

Fred

PS. When I have to wait a long time for anything I find hibernation helps. :giggle:

• Like 2

I have already tried Yetifan's suggestion and downloaded the Manual and the Satnav manual..... All it seems to have done is make me more impatient! 

I got a call yesterday to say they had agreed upholstery change to Gobi Sand Leather and build date should be about 5 weeks... I hate  word like "Should" "might" etc!

I also pass the time looking at YouTube off road tests!

• Like 1

I have a Yeti and my wife has a Seat Mii Sport and I suspect that both manuals have been produced by the same team. They both send me to sleep but the Mii is worst because it's half the size of the Yeti one and the print is so small I give up sooner. :devil:

Fred

Fred,

having trouble with the small print, try one of these. I carry it in the car with the spare bulbs. One of the best £3 I have spent. http://www.elc.co.uk/Magnifying-Glass/138244,default,pd.html

Colin

• Like 1

lol - that's genius! It would be even better if I could get a Scaletrix version.

I have already tried Yetifan's suggestion and downloaded the Manual and the Satnav manual..... All it seems to have done is make me more impatient! 

I got a call yesterday to say they had agreed upholstery change to Gobi Sand Leather and build date should be about 5 weeks... I hate  word like "Should" "might" etc!

I also pass the time looking at YouTube off road tests!

YouTube has been a welcome distraction that again only makes me want delivery day to arrive even quicker. I've lost count of the driving tests in foreign climes, off-road trips and parking assist demos I've watched. The perfumed ayatollah says that I giggled like an excited toddler when I first saw the needle sweep clip.....

I hope your confirmed build week is given soon, it makes it feel all the more real at that point.

Thats slander!!  :angel:

You know it was the right choice though  :thumbup:

It was the right choice... but if the boot fits mate.... ;)

You are under instructions NOT to give me a demo of parking assist until the build week has been & gone! I love my wife :D

• Like 1

I have Park Assist on my Tiguan.

If you want to absolutely terrify you passenger and occupants of the cars you are parking between, try it out. They go pale as you skim past their wing with a few inches to spare. The first couple of times I wimped out and took over myself.

The next time was in a Costco car park when I tried it between two cars without occupants. It worked well but the guy walking towards his brand new Audi estate looked rather pale!

• Like 1

I have Park Assist on my Tiguan.

If you want to absolutely terrify you passenger and occupants of the cars you are parking between, try it out. They go pale as you skim past their wing with a few inches to spare. The first couple of times I wimped out and took over myself.

The next time was in a Costco car park when I tried it between two cars without occupants. It worked well but the guy walking towards his brand new Audi estate looked rather pale!

That's the problem, as a confirmed geek & gadget lover its s feature that's on my wish list (as were the LED rear lights) but due to budget had to be skipped this time around. If it were entirely my decision then the Christmas savings would be in danger, but SWMBO has other ideas!!

I never real use Park Assist so it wasn't on my list of options on the Yeti (I opted for front sensors). I thought about LED rear lights but as you say budgets have to be considered and the standard ones must be up to current standards so I left them off my list as well. I had to make cuts as I have lost approx £12k in 18 months on my Tiguan! OUCH!

What's all this about LED rear lights?  In my book the relative importance of an item is determined by whether it adds to my driving experience. In the case of rear lights they are out of my range of vision and only seen by following motorists. :giggle:

Fred

• Like 2

The LED DRL’s front and rear are the biggest improvement on the FL IMO,

We looked at both rear lights and once compared there was only one set to go for, as it was the L&K are fitted with them as std so it made no difference to us, but if we had ordered a lower trim level then they would certainly have been on the order!