Making the wait easier

Bluemoonin65

I never real use Park Assist so it wasn't on my list of options on the Yeti (I opted for front sensors). I thought about LED rear lights but as you say budgets have to be considered and the standard ones must be up to current standards so I left them off my list as well. I had to make cuts as I have lost approx £12k in 18 months on my Tiguan! OUCH!

Ouch indeed - that's a lot of money to walk away from, and a lot of faith in VAG to buy another of their cars. Hope that lightning doesn't strike twice

What's all this about LED rear lights? In my book the relative importance of an item is determined by whether it adds to my driving experience. In the case of rear lights they are out of my range of vision and only seen by following motorists. :giggle:

Fred

And?

It's all a matter of preference, taste & what budget you have - if it wasn't then there wouldn't be options! For me they lift the vehicle and once I'd wrote the email to confirm the change I knew I'd made the right decision for me! Edited by Bluemoonin65
  • Like 1

They look so much better. Not long now till your build week

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Still 5-6 weeks away yet and with my shifts it's likely to be a week or two more until I can really take him out for a spin. "6 weeks will soon pass" has become my new mantra!

So far I've cleared the garden of a collapsed workshop, dug out footings to said workshop, turned and replanted the borders, jet washed the patio, emptied the shed, taken a load of stuff down the tip, painted the dog house, painted the kitchen, cleaned all the house windows inside/out and cleared the garage of detritus ready for my new steed AND MY SKODA IS STILL 4 months away. :peek:  Trying to keep my mind off the delivery date is really tiring. I might set my mind to losing a stone before Christmas, as i've run out of "little weekend jobs".

• Like 2

So far I've cleared the garden of a collapsed workshop, dug out footings to said workshop, turned and replanted the borders, jet washed the patio, emptied the shed, taken a load of stuff down the tip, painted the dog house, painted the kitchen, cleaned all the house windows inside/out and cleared the garage of detritus ready for my new steed AND MY SKODA IS STILL 4 months away. :peek:  Trying to keep my mind off the delivery date is really tiring. I might set my mind to losing a stone before Christmas, as i've run out of "little weekend jobs".

You might want to start a second career as an odd-job man! Alternatively, if you're ever visiting the UK come and see my better half, she's alway got a list of jobs that need doing.

What have you ordered?

• Like 2

You might want to start a second career as an odd-job man! Alternatively, if you're ever visiting the UK come and see my better half, she's alway got a list of jobs that need doing.

What have you ordered?

Ow I can confide in you, my Skoda buddies, that the list items I've been made aware of is diminished at present, but I'm playing my cards close to my chest with SWMBO, the F-I-L's loft and garage will need sorting sometime on the horizon, and the bathroom needs tiling. I'm waiting for a Octavia VRS estate, and from other common eperiences on this forum, it may be touch and go whether we can conceive and deliver our second child before Skoda get their finger out and build my car!

• Like 1

What did your list of little extras include??

Skoda nav system, skoda phone Bluetooth, media device interface, mats, rubber mats, mudflaps, silver mirror covers, vrs pedals, boot carpet, led interior bulbs, towbar, dog guard, sunglasses holder, front seat net. And loads more that I've forgotten about....

• Like 1

Your wait MAY NOT be as long as expected. Took delivery of my Yeti on 24th September even though it wasn't expected at dealers until end of month. Enjoying open roof driving while warm weather lasts.

• Like 1

Skoda nav system, skoda phone Bluetooth, media device interface, mats, rubber mats, mudflaps, silver mirror covers, vrs pedals, boot carpet, led interior bulbs, towbar, dog guard, sunglasses holder, front seat net. And loads more that I've forgotten about....

Already have a few little add ons waiting to be fitted, but some stuff is being earmarked for the new year, once Christmas has passed & the coffers have been topped up a little.

Do you use the front seat net a lot?

Your wait MAY NOT be as long as expected. Took delivery of my Yeti on 24th September even though it wasn't expected at dealers until end of month. Enjoying open roof driving while warm weather lasts.

Don't get my hopes up lol. I have set my mind on the first two weeks in November and anything sooner will be a bonus.... though I am making daily offerings to the gods of Emden shipping in hope that my Yeti will roll in and then straight onto a ferry. A guy can dream.....

Just had a call from the dealer to tell me build date is in three weeks. I reckon that means delivery will be late November.

One thing I queried was lack of "ambient lighting" around my feet. I have this in my Tig and find it very useful to check where my feet are as they are fairly numb at times. This will be installed by a local auto electrician who is first class.

• Like 1

Just had a call from the dealer to tell me build date is in three weeks. I reckon that means delivery will be late November.

One thing I queried was lack of "ambient lighting" around my feet. I have this in my Tig and find it very useful to check where my feet are as they are fairly numb at times. This will be installed by a local auto electrician who is first class.

That's great news ETM, It feels somehow more real once you have a build week. Is yours week 42?

• Like 1

Already have a few little add ons waiting to be fitted, but some stuff is being earmarked for the new year, once Christmas has passed & the coffers have been topped up a little.

Do you use the front seat net a lot?

I never used the seat net that was between the two front seats, but it looked good..... He he, btw lets not forget the twin Crome tail pipes that I fitted, they really did look good...

Do you know where he is going to take the power supply from?

I have all the hardware fitted but the CECM no longer uses pin 50 for the footwell lights

No I just wondered how he was going to power them.

Getting footwell lights to come on when you open the door is easy (tap into the interior light circuit) but for them to be on with the sidelights etc when driving requires powering them via the CECM, I don't know of anyone who knows what pin this is, since pin 50 no longer works

I never used the seat net that was between the two front seats, but it looked good..... He he, btw lets not forget the twin Crome tail pipes that I fitted, they really did look good...

That's something that I've been looking at as a next year job. Did you consider the singular exhaust tip? I can't decide if I like it & have yet to see one in the flesh.

Edited by Bluemoonin65

Ordered my Greenline Yeti SE last week and have so far been advised of a 2-3 month wait. Hopefully should be less than that, but how do you guys find out about 'build weeks' and how they relate to calendar weeks?

Too excited to be waiting a week never mind 10 of them...!