Making the wait easier

Bluemoonin65

Hi FMF build week is either 42 or 43 . Still code 10? So can still be changed. I sooooo want it for my birthday on 13th Nov!  - Geoff

I'll keep you updated as soon as I hear anything.... your build is a couple of weeks after mine, so hopefully you should get yours a couple of weeks after mine.

Ordered my Greenline Yeti SE last week and have so far been advised of a 2-3 month wait. Hopefully should be less than that, but how do you guys find out about 'build weeks' and how they relate to calendar weeks?

Too excited to be waiting a week never mind 10 of them...!

It's a cruel, sweet torture.

Your dealer should advise you of your build week once it's been confirmed and then at least you'll have a better idea of how long you'll have to wait.

It's a cruel, sweet torture.

Your dealer should advise you of your build week once it's been confirmed and then at least you'll have a better idea of how long you'll have to wait.

This is my first new car order, so I can't compare to experiences with other manufacturers, but I find it astounding that I've handed over a deposit and basically told "we will be in touch". No outside date of completion, nothing. "Oh, about 5 months, but it varies". Experiences on this forum suggest that is often a false promise with Skoda, so I have no idea when i'm getting it. If the Octavia VS itself wasn't such a perfect balance of attributes for us, I'd of gone elsewhere by now. On request, the Czech dealer sent me a screen shot of my order on the system, but a month after ordering, still no clue when its arriving.  :devil: I guess one small crumb of comfort is Mlada Boleslav is 40 miles away, not 1000, so hopefully they don't need 4 weeks to deliver it, though nothing suprises me. Rant over. 

I was surprised as well that my order would take 2 - 3 months for a nothing-out-of-the-ordinary greenline model. Having said that, the dealer has been great so far with only taking a nominal deposit on the deposit to get the process going. Nothing else to pay until we pick it up....whenever that may be.

I was surprised as well that my order would take 2 - 3 months for a nothing-out-of-the-ordinary greenline model. Having said that, the dealer has been great so far with only taking a nominal deposit on the deposit to get the process going. Nothing else to pay until we pick it up....whenever that may be.

Why surprised?

Manufacturers don't build many cars for "stock" nowadays; nearly everything is built to order, especially when there are so many options and variables available. There is no such thing as an "ordinary" model.

Go to any car dealer and you will generally have to wait 8 to 12 weeks to get a car.

Be grateful you don't want a Morgan; you could easily be waiting 18 months, and you have to pay 50% up-front!!

Surprised only because I have never bought a car before and so don't know the ins and outs of car manufacture. It was disappointing because it is so exciting to go to the dealer and see them there and have a drive in the demonstrator and then have to wait to take my toy home!

Anderson - yeah, thats what I am consoling myself with. Hoping the new car smell will be with me for longer because of this!

I got some news today. My dealer called to say my order had progressed to the next stage, and that the car is being built "in the next 6 weeks", with 2 weeks for delivery. This was ordered on the 8th Sept, so potentially an 11 week order delivery, to arrive end of November/ beginning of December. Am I right to control my excitement at this stage, because this can still change/ move back right?

I had readied myself for a mid February arrival, i have no idea what to feel this morning :peek:  

I got some news today. My dealer called to say my order had progressed to the next stage, and that the car is being built "in the next 6 weeks", with 2 weeks for delivery. This was ordered on the 8th Sept, so potentially an 11 week order delivery, to arrive end of November/ beginning of December. Am I right to control my excitement at this stage, because this can still change/ move back right?

I had readied myself for a mid February arrival, i have no idea what to feel this morning :peek:  

I would wait until you have a confirmed build week EH, with the experience of our Citigo delivery was closer to 3 weeks, but a lot will be down to queues at Emden and transporting it once it's in the UK. In theory mine could turn up by the end of this month, but I am expecting it around the 2-3 week of November. Anything earlier will be a bonus. Fingers crossed for both of us!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...