Creation Motorsport TIP Fitted Today

Decender

So today I fitted my Creation Motorsport TIP, originally I went for the CM one as I could not afford the SFS one at present and mine was split so needed doin as an urgent job. They seemed to have mixed reviews on the web but generally seemed pretty favorable. As most TIP's it was a pita the fit and some triming was needed. The recirc valve is in a slightly different place place didnt cause too many issues once trimmed. Even with the CM one I was amazed at the difference in size compared with the standard pipe (Pic below).

Performance has changed slightly, boost comes in and builds much sooner and seems to hold boost better at higher rpm. The general spool up noise from the turbo is increased which I hear is normal. The noise from the recirc valve is quite a bit quieter though, even with my CAI fitted and the 007 running in reverse. It used to give a fairly loud flutter when letting off at low / medium boost and a loud squeal when on full chat. Now it gives a short quiet puff on low boost, a quiet chrip at medium boost and a slightly louder chrip (but not as loud as it used to be) at full chat. Now im guessing this is also normal due to the valve being slightly relocated and the volume of space inside the pipe being increased??

Cheers, here's the pic of the 2 together for anyone contemplating the CM TIP. Well worth it for £80 in my opinion:

2014-09-18115549_zpsda8b93b8.jpg

Creation only list one for the Octy VRS and as far as I know its not listed as supersize. That said it does seem alot bigger I expected from looking around at others on the net. All I can say is for £79.99 it seems very good quality.

The end that needed trimming was the turbo end, and even after trimming its a real pita to get onto the turbo (well it is if ur doing it on ur drive like I was).

• Like 1