Has anyone else resisted the urge to reset the tripometer?

J8mbo

I had resisted temptation, however when it went in for it's first service it came back reset. I assumed it was done to set the next service interval. No big deal though.

I managed to do this with my previous car (Saab 9-5)

IMG_0174.JPG

Did you really reset your trip to zero when the main miles were 122,667 to achieve that?

Yep. Watching the trip go over from 8.9 to 9.0 then stopping to take the photo was the hardest part. On the Saab forum there were so many of us posting when we reached 100k, or 200k, that we looked for something different to do. Sad.

• Like 4

Yep. Watching the trip go over from 8.9 to 9.0 then stopping to take the photo was the hardest part. On the Saab forum there were so many of us posting when we reached 100k, or 200k, that we looked for something different to do. Sad.

You'd be surprised how many human beings there are with no lives at all so don't judge yourself too harshly.

Much more of a challenge get ur passenger to take the shot on the move, I recon you get about 5 secs at a steady 50mph! :rofl:

I was about to join a motorway where the next junction was 15 miles away rushing to get somewhere, and the magic numbers were due in a few hundred yards, so I turned into a lorry park and drove round for ten minutes. I don't need to get out more!