Advantages/disadvantages of a 4bar fuel pressure regulator

Haych123

No advantages what so ever. Your LCR had a 4bar fpr coz it had 4 bar fuel pump and larger injectors to cope with the extra pressure that the 225bhp needs. The 4 bar fpr will cause your 3 bar fuel pump to fail sooner. Also it will not push any more fuel through injectors as the injector fuel duty cycle is still std and infact will make car run worse. Only Revo map our cars with a 4 bar fpr. So I would leave unless you get mapped or upgrade the rest to cope and this will need mapping in anyway.

My car had had a 4 bar regulator on it for years before I got hold of it. No issues as far as I knew, but I swapped back to a 3 bar regulator, stuck in some BAM injectors, fitted an upgraded pump and then got it mapped again. Plenty of fuel headroom if I need it, I just felt that this was a safer way to doing things than just ramming in a 4 bar regulator and hoping for the best.

Yes thats just what i thought.. aparently my cupra is mapped to 225 (leon cupra 180bhp not the cupra R 225/210bhp :giggle: ) But not proof of map so would i be better of just removing the 4bar.. any way i could check what pump and injectors its running..?

I've got a revo stage one map, does it mean i should run a 4bar regulator to get the the best out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage 1 Revo is 3 bar fpr. Stage 2 Revo is 4bar fpr.

Thanks bowsers I'll bear that in mind for when I go stage two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries

I had both REVO stage 1 and stage 2 some time back. 

For some reason REVO like to use 4bar fpr on their stage 2 and tweak the ECU injector fuel cycle to deal with the extra fuel.

Just make sure you have a decent pump as old std pumps can struggle to drive the 4 bar fpr pressure.

Stage 1 can push on 220/225 if it flows well enough.

Sorry that very optimistic.

210 tops usually.

Or dodgy reading RR.

Imo folks should concentrate on torque and drivability in mapping not just bigger bhp figures.

Power is down to the setup

Poor flowing setups won't make power regardless of mapping

Stage 2 221 might be all yours would do

Not seen a stage 1 hit 220 unless it's the best flowing setup and custom mapped

4 bar won't add power

+ 1

Folks should stop looking at a 4bar as a magic upgrade to more power and more on what set up they have that will produce a useable power curve on std K03s set ups

4 bars do have there place but generally when larger injectors for bigger power upgrades are required.