Picked up this beauty for the Yeti yesterday

carisbrook

How long was the screw? I assume it went right through if so I doubt anyone would repair it as you say it's too close to the edge and the angle is not straight through either.

I had one in mine that was an inch long at such a shallow angle like yours but it didn't go through. Still very worrying when I unscrewed it but no hsssssssssss.

That is repairable. If you take it to a tyre place that can do major tyre repairs. Will be more expensive (about £40) but probably worth it if the tyre has plenty of tread remaining.

I note with interest you requested a tyre with 6mm of tread. I haven't got my Yeti yet but take it that its a similar 4x4 system as my Rav was and state in the handbook that all four tyres should have the same tread depth so the system works properly and does not get damaged. Is this correct?

Agreed, already have one winging its way from camskill.

I've taken out the screw and as its gone in on a angle and made a huge hole right through. its made the hole to nigh on impossible to repair.

I use tyreleader.co.uk, slightly cheaper than camskill now.

I wouldn't repair that either, even if some dodgy garage would be willing to do it. For the cost of a new tyre, it's not worth the risk of it blowing out when going round a corner at speed.