eBay Issues

gazpot0111645

Hello everyone. I think i need some opinions on this. Im going to try and keep it short and simple.

I bought a bike off ebay that cost me £567. The seller commuicated with me well and i recieved the bike. Upon opening the package. The bike was not as described and was in very poor condition. Rear wheel was cracked, rear shock was bent and the serial number was ground off (probably stolen) and was just in really poor condition. Anyway, i contacted the seller and explained my issues within about 2 hours of receiving the bike. He said he was sorry and i could either get a partial refund to put the bike right or send it back for a full refund. I opted for the full refund and he got the bike back with 48 hours of me getting it. When he got the bike back he said he was sorry and that he had spent the money and could not refund me until about 4 days later when he got paid. This time passed and still no refund. I had no option then but to open a case on ebay. So I opened a case. The case has to run 8 days before ebay make a decision. I explained exactly what was wrong, but now he is telling ebay i sent the bike back in a million pieces. He has added pictures of the bike in pieces and has broken things off it. All i had were pictures of the damages to the bike and the bike in the box before i sent it back. This is driving me crazy. What do i do? Will ebay believe me? I just want to take a road trip and kick his face in, but that isnt me.

Usually eBay will side with the buyer whatsoever.

Most importantly did u pay by PayPal?

Whenever I send things back of high important or value its ALWAYS

1. By insured SPECIAL DELIVERY

2. Take pics before returning AND of the packaging.

I know the p+p AND return postage is more money spent (unless seller willing to refund that as well) - but at times when things go wrong its well worth it!

I sent a game by recorded once.

It got lost and I could only claim from the post office a book of stamps :-(

But paying £5+ for special delivery I would have got my loss compensated.

Good luck with the case and keep us posted.

There are some low lives out there however nice and genuine they portray themselves :-(

The important thing is that he says he has the million pieces, he hasn't denied receiving it. Ebay will hang him out to dry and put a negative amount to his paypal account, they will recover the money via some method or other.

Last time I used eBay (reluctantly) the login page had a bald-headed smiling guy saying he "guaranteed" that I'd get exactly what I ordered or my money back.

I wouldn't worry...........unless eBay care less about you than a dog does its fleas.

EDIT: his name is Tony and his exact quote is "We're here for you. We guarantee you get the item you ordered or your money back".

Edited by TroyChallenger
  • Like 1

You will defo get money back but I echo also that sellers are getting shafted as I've been several times ! , as a buyer your fine I always date and photo all items now before sending , if it's a local postcode I will deliver and record the delivery I always tell them I'm doing it and they have no issue with a photo of hand over over the top ? Probably but never have issues with ' never received item' :)

Excellent news for buyers.

Sadly also I had friends selling on eBay and yes they were shafted by unscrupulous buyers :-(

The annoying thing is they get to keep the item as well as getting a refund - so really theft.

EBay should demand the item is sent to them for inspection if there is a dispute before any refund is given

I just hope i get my money back. Don't know how this guy has the nerve to do what he is doing. I have even tried to call this guy but will not answer my calls. No guesses to why that is.

Leave it mate!

As a buyer, eBay will look after u and get your money back.

Why u want to stress yourself out calling the seller?

Just MAKE SURE u escalate the issue -

Else it will expired and u might have problems getting money back!!!

I had a similar issue a £400 ish order a couple of years ago, wasn't as described. Seller apologised (a shop) and I returned it at my expense insured to the value and they signed for it the next day. There after I got nothing from them no reply to messages the works, did my claim and after some time my money was refunded. As you took a pic of it before it went back packaged, should be no drama at all getting a refund, since they accepted the delivery at the other end it's their problem.

I know its alot smaller amount but i ordered an item that cost £21 which was faulty when i got it. I contacted the seller explaining and waited on his reply which was try and fix it yourself or get a refund. I messaged him back asking if he had just the faulty bit not the full thing i didnt want a refund i just wanted the item to work. I never recieved a reply so raised it with ebay. I got a snotty message from the seller but got my money back.

Typically when eBay step in feedback on both sides is removed

Not always, they will remove abusive feedback that contravenes their rules, or if deemed unfair after the case has been adjudicated.

For example, I won the bid on a car and HPId it to find it was Cat C, rang the seller, he knew but had left it out of the ad.  I opened a case stating I did not want to buy the car and then left negative feedback to highlight the car was Cat C and the seller knew but had not listed.  Cue loads of abuse from the seller and nasty feedback.

I complained to ebay, my feedback left was kept and his removed.

As a seller, it can be tricky if a buyer sets up a case saying item not received; my mate sold an iPad on ebay, it was signed for but not by the recipient, they said they had not had it and paypal took the money back out of my mate's account and refunded them.  The courier said it had a signature, ebay believed the buyer.  It's still ongoing with my mate out of pocket.

Sellers should be able to leave negative feedback, it is ridiculous that it was changed to prevent this, as some buyers are con artists, some plain stupid.

Not always, they will remove abusive feedback that contravenes their rules, or if deemed unfair after the case has been adjudicated.

For example, I won the bid on a car and HPId it to find it was Cat C, rang the seller, he knew but had left it out of the ad.  I opened a case stating I did not want to buy the car and then left negative feedback to highlight the car was Cat C and the seller knew but had not listed.  Cue loads of abuse from the seller and nasty feedback.

I complained to ebay, my feedback left was kept and his removed.

As a seller, it can be tricky if a buyer sets up a case saying item not received; my mate sold an iPad on ebay, it was signed for but not by the recipient, they said they had not had it and paypal took the money back out of my mate's account and refunded them.  The courier said it had a signature, ebay believed the buyer.  It's still ongoing with my mate out of pocket.

Sellers should be able to leave negative feedback, it is ridiculous that it was changed to prevent this, as some buyers are con artists, some plain stupid.

Tell them you want to see the signature; I had a £2,000 delivery go missing - the parcel firm claimed I had signed for it. When I finally got to see the "signature is was my name written in block capitals; now I signed for a delivery roughly once a week for several years with the same company, so they had plenty of examples of my real sig, but it took a threat of calling the Police before they actually took action to find my missing order.

It took nearly 5 weeks in total, but I got my stuff (and the driver got sacked for faking the sig).

• Like 1

Sellers are being shafted by the eBay buyer guarantee, so I'll be amazed if you don't get your money back.

+1 I don't sell on Ebay any more. And I just had lots of hassle from eejits not proper fraudsters.

+1 I don't sell on Ebay any more. And I just had lots of hassle from eejits not proper fraudsters.

Indeed. I've stopped bothering, its not worth the risk and hassle.

Tell them you want to see the signature; I had a £2,000 delivery go missing - the parcel firm claimed I had signed for it. When I finally got to see the "signature is was my name written in block capitals; now I signed for a delivery roughly once a week for several years with the same company, so they had plenty of examples of my real sig, but it took a threat of calling the Police before they actually took action to find my missing order.

It took nearly 5 weeks in total, but I got my stuff (and the driver got sacked for faking the sig).

Had this at work for an expensive delivery. It was 'signed for', in block caps, using the name on the delivery note. Who was laying in hospital at the time. We soon got a new delivery.

How would that work with the new fangled pads that barley register more than 2 strokes of a signature, never mind record details needed to verify a signature (pressure points etc...).