Glow Plug system - ENGINE WORKSHOP!

Hermon

Hi   :(

skoda superb 2.5 v6 2009 diesel

ok ..... my dad took my car for a spin today only to get a phone call from him saying the car engine is shut down on its own while driving. i went to pick dad up ......and i tried to start the engine ...it seems to be cranking up ..but doesn't start . i do not know if any warning lights popped up while he was driving..i just wanted to get him home safe. 

nw the car is stranded near my friends house .....it was late night and no towing service was operating at that time.

the Glow Plug system symbol blinked when i tried to start the car and it showed "ENGINE WORKSHOP!" on the on-board display of the car. ...  

i also did notice the please re-fuel sign on the car ..but it showed a range of 20 km on the on-board. well tomorrow morning i ll fill her up and then try to start her up again. 

i am sure its not the low fuel on the car ..but i do suspect something else to be the problem here... figured out its the Glow Plug System symbol after referring to the user manual of the car.

i do not know what to do right now... if the car started i would've driven her straight to Skoda service to get it checked and sorted out. Is there anything i can do to get the car running ? y did this glow plug system symbol pop up ?

update : 

ok so today i went to check up on my stranded car .....i switched on the ignition ..and the "engine workshop!" showed up again with the 'Glow Plug System' icon blinking on the speedo of the car ....i did not crank her up as i tried that a million time yesterday night ...so ..i went n bot some extra diesel ..and filled her up .... to my surprise ...the engine started ! ...and the 'Glow Plug System' icon never appeared again and i drove back home ..now parked al safe at home ..... 

i believe i have a faulty fuel reading sensor or something ...if the diesel had run out y didn't it show up !! ....well aneways i ll be taking my car for service next month ...need to get transmission oil and filter changed and also get my internal electric lines checked ..of which i will post on another thread !