Headlamp weirdness.

vindaloo

Self inflicted wound....possibly...

Some time ago I had a sidelight bulb go. So I swapped them out for some "complimentary" blue Philips things I had lying around. Also decided to swap out the main beam bulbs in my OEM xenon headlights at the same time.

This is where the problem starts...  Since then the nearside main beam seems to be pointing "down" a tad, from where it should. I've had the bulb back out and tried re-seating it but to no avail. Both bulbs seem "OK". They're oriented the same way, within the bulbs I can see the coils and reflectors and they're the same way up on both bulbs.

Both dipped beams look at the same height.

BTW: Anyone know the cost of the ballast retaining bracket on the NS headlight? Mine's corroded and is starting to wilt/fatigue under the strain of many removals. EDIT: Chunk of metal is 6Y0941613 and seems to be around 3.2 euro....

Cheers,

J.

Edited by vindaloo

• 2 weeks later...

£3.84 from Hughes Skoda in Farnham common... Will ensure that this one is well oiled/greased before fitting. Hopefully keep some more of the elements off it. The original got a bit salty?!?! on the bottom end. Top still looks fine.