Dan's 20v 1.8T Fabia Estate

DanHarper

Probably not going to be as tight as yours, will be going for a Seat Sport style intercooler I think and follow a standard route for the pipes.

Did see a golf at Combe with a dual filter stainless tip which would fill that space nicely :)

There's a load on ebay at the moment

All depends on your budget dude my cooler set up cost me around a £100 quid. If your keeping the k03 to start with then your option will be better because it will all be bolt on i guess. Yours will be easier to get the factory look because you have all the right parts off the Ibiza. Looking forward to see your take on a fabia 1.8t

All depends on your budget dude my cooler set up cost me around a £100 quid. If your keeping the k03 to start with then your option will be better because it will all be bolt on i guess. Yours will be easier to get the factory look because you have all the right parts off the Ibiza. Looking forward to see your take on a fabia 1.8t

Stock Ibiza has a pathetic side mount, can't see any of it being reused.

My take will be rather tamer than yours, I'll be doing the high reward/£ mods to the K03s and leaving it at that. I don't have any access to cool equipment (sadly all my job gives me access to is CPU power...) to fab bits myself so will end up paying more for off the shelf bits.

Stock Ibiza has a pathetic side mount, can't see any of it being reused.

My take will be rather tamer than yours, I'll be doing the high reward/£ mods to the K03s and leaving it at that. I don't have any access to cool equipment (sadly all my job gives me access to is CPU power...) to fab bits myself so will end up paying more for off the shelf bits.

KO4 time

Well any exhaust of Ibiza cupra will fit with minimal amount of modification. Where abouts are you?

Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Was planning a sports cat/2.25 exhaust once everything is all up and running (standard one should fit with some down facing ends, possibly an extension).

Have to say I think yours is a bit loud for me... certainly was in a sea of Diesels and the Yeti :P

Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Was planning a sports cat/2.25 exhaust once everything is all up and running (standard one should fit with some down facing ends, possibly an extension).

Have to say I think yours is a bit loud for me... certainly was in a sea of Diesels and the Yeti :P

Yeah it is loud, 3" turbo back on the tubular Mani, probs don't help that the tail pipe is a 45 degree bend which i have cut flush with the bumper so its more like a 5"x3" oval, something on the jobs list to do because i want more rasp

Mind you a well set up k03s will give 240bhp and a decent sound track. If.you want anything making dude don't hesitate to ask

That would be good. Keep it in house so to speak.

Main things I'd like to get made up are the exhaust and maybe a TIP (that Golf set something in my mind that keeps saying 'want', should have got a picture).

That would be good. Keep it in house so to speak.

Main things I'd like to get made up are the exhaust and maybe a TIP (that Golf set something in my mind that keeps saying 'want', should have got a picture).

Well i can help with either dude

Mind you a well set up k03s will give 240bhp and a decent sound track. If.you want anything making dude don't hesitate to ask

I guess it comes down to how much power you think a Fabia 1.8t needs. :D

I think yours at around 1,150kg and 275bhp is quicker on the straights than my 300bhp Yeti (1,400kg) which is quick enough for most people.

Keeping the K03 must keep it pretty lag free too, which for road and track work certainly has it's advantages.

With the K04 the Yeti needs 3000+ RPM to make decent progress.

looks good, cant wait to see some progress!

the 8V engines have an oil pressure sensor on the far right of the front of the engine (near the gearbox, inline with the oil filter) they are a £3 part but fail and allow oil to squirt through. Id check it out to make sure its not leaking.

I guess it comes down to how much power you think a Fabia 1.8t needs. :D

I think yours at around 1,150kg and 275bhp is quicker on the straights than my 300bhp Yeti (1,400kg) which is quick enough for most people.

Keeping the K03 must keep it pretty lag free too, which for road and track work certainly has it's advantages.

With the K04 the Yeti needs 3000+ RPM to make decent progress.

Also much over 270 and you begin to just add weight as the FWD system starts to struggle

The K03 limit is in about the right place for me, any more and you start talking silly pennies on a diff, bigger brakes etc (imho of course, not a dig at those who take it to that level, everyone has their own limits and priorities).

As I think I stated in the Ibiza thread, this is a project about learning/doing/having a hobby rather than trying to make something better, harder, faster than the last guy...

• Like 1

looks good, cant wait to see some progress!

the 8V engines have an oil pressure sensor on the far right of the front of the engine (near the gearbox, inline with the oil filter) they are a £3 part but fail and allow oil to squirt through. Id check it out to make sure its not leaking.

Definitely not there, its all near the rocker joint and its been coming out the dip stick too. There is so much oil in there I can't get a proper reading due to the 'ball' on the dipstick (about 3cm above the hatched area).

• Like 1

As I think I stated in the Ibiza thread, this is a project about learning/doing/having a hobby rather than trying to make something better, harder, faster than the last guy...

Yes, it's easy to get carried away.

The key is just doing what you want and not trying to have bigger potatoes than most of the cars on an internet forum.

The aim should be fun.

• Like 1

Definitely not there, its all near the rocker joint and its been coming out the dip stick too. There is so much oil in there I can't get a proper reading due to the 'ball' on the dipstick (about 3cm above the hatched area).

ally rocker cover, i bet someones over tightened the two 10mm nuts! they can warp quite easily, perhaps try the old "double rocker gasket"? a bodge but might get it running ok.

Yes, it's easy to get carried away.

The key is just doing what you want and not trying to have bigger potatoes than most of the cars on an internet forum.

The aim should be fun.

Don't rush it either mate because when you've got a half day free all week and you are stressing about how much you've got to get off of it this week etc it is no longer a fun project!
  • Like 1