Dan's 20v 1.8T Fabia Estate

DanHarper

ally rocker cover, i bet someones over tightened the two 10mm nuts! they can warp quite easily, perhaps try the old "double rocker gasket"? a bodge but might get it running ok.

I'll get the excess oil out first and see if it still ****es out when its warm. All it needs to do is 10miles to the MOT station, pass the test and then I don't care if I have to AA it back :) Suppose if it still leaks I could just use some RTV to get it through its final hours :)

• Like 1

I'll get the excess oil out first and see if it still ****es out when its warm. All it needs to do is 10miles to the MOT station, pass the test and then I don't care if I have to AA it back :) Suppose if it still leaks I could just use some RTV to get it through its final hours :)

Silicone sealant mate if just for ten miles
  • Like 1

my 8V was held together with High Temp Oven sealant :D the sumps on these are sealed with RTV too btw. 

• Like 1

my 8V was held together with High Temp Oven sealant :D the sumps on these are sealed with RTV too btw. 

The engine will come out before I replace the sump. How many bits do you think it needs to be in to fit in a standard issue council wheely? :)

• Like 1

Yes, it's easy to get carried away.

The key is just doing what you want and not trying to have bigger potatoes than most of the cars on an internet forum.

The aim should be fun.

Its very easy to chase numbers. All mine is essentially is a stage 2 Leon cupra R but in a fabia shell. In terms of creativity its the Skoda badge that is possibly the best thing about the car because no one expects it from a car when the old Skoda joke was it had a heated rear window to keep your hands warm when you was pushing it joke. However if i had a Honda or a Ford badge it would be nothing special
  • Like 3

now that would be a one off! the 1.4 MPI 8V in the Fabia was a skoda only engine, 

certainly wouldnt be as common as these 1.8T projects :p

I assumed he meant put it in the shell when it gets hauled away... not hook the dam thing up!

Most of the Ibiza interior is now in the tip (I was going to try and sell it, but I lost my patience and may have broke some of the dash plastics :devil: - Tip: remove seats and lay on your back looking for hidden screws) and the only front end body work I have left is a wing :)

• Like 1

I assumed he meant put it in the shell when it gets hauled away... not hook the dam thing up!

Most of the Ibiza interior is now in the tip (I was going to try and sell it, but I lost my patience and may have broke some of the dash plastics :devil: - Tip: remove seats and lay on your back looking for hidden screws) and the only front end body work I have left is a wing :)

:doh: I meant fit it and drive it! Sod the 1.8T

You guys know its the dead Ibiza shell and the potentially dead 1.4 8v yes? :p

Well id only be interested in the engine, and if its dead, even more reason to pull it apart and rebuild it :)

Well id only be interested in the engine, and if its dead, even more reason to pull it apart and rebuild it :)

Well in that case when its surplus to requirement its yours if you can collect it.

I'm thinking once I've got the Fabia running, I may try an engine rebuild on a certain oil burning Toyota :)

• Like 1

Well in that case when its surplus to requirement its yours if you can collect it.

I'm thinking once I've got the Fabia running, I may try an engine rebuild on a certain oil burning Toyota :)

is the toyota the 140 lump in the celica? dont they drink the oil more than the 180 model?

is the toyota the 140 lump in the celica? dont they drink the oil more than the 180 model?

The problem was supposed to have been cured in the 03+ FL model (which mine is), however neglect can still lead to oil burning which is what I suspect has happened to mine. Still goes quite happily just needs 1L/1k roughly.

The 190 has never suffered from the early 140s issue, but neglect can lead to oil burning.

• Like 1

Ibiza nearly stripped now. Tomorrow the bumper comes off, doors come off and then the loom can be pulled out. Just two wires that disappear through the floor under the rear seats... are these the ABS sensor wires? There is one each side.

Then I need to ring round and see if anyone will take the carcass away for free or if no one will I'll need to chop it up and van it to a scrap metal place. Actually fancy doing the cut up method, as it will attract less attention from the neighbors/pikeys if I chop it up in the garage rather than drag a wheel less shell down the drive for collection :)

Need to order some tyres... may seem a bit bass ackwards as its so early on but it will get the 16s currently stacked in the garage out and I can get rid of the 14s... one less thing to store and one more excess bit gone... but, what to get? I'm thinking either running RS-Rs for summer and some all seasons for winter (6/6 split). If I want to do some track days I don't want to kill my road tyres, but I don't want 2 spare sets of wheels/tyres around all the time. The other option is get some good summer tyres that will cope on track (e.g. not Rainsports) and just take the hit on the occasional track days, then run full winters as the second set on an 8/4 split (where I live not having all seasons/winters isn't an option for me... I'm right on top of the hill).

• Like 1